Gibson x Hi Sugarplum

Newlyweds (and brides/grooms) can post here to discuss life beyond their wedding plans

Gibson x Hi Sugarplum

Postby jennelled » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:04 am

New collection! What do you guys think? I personally LOVED her summer collection last year. I bought several pieces, and I know I kept at least one (I returned a lot because I was still losing weight PP and it didn't make a lot of sense to buy a ton of clothes). Ha ha! I was seriously disappointed by the Living in Yellow collection, and even the Glam Squad (so much potential! so much letdown!). So I had really high hopes for today's release!

And...I wasn't blown away, honestly. I bought several things to try on, some in a couple of sizes. Here's what I bought:

Malibu Embroidered Racerback Tank Top in peony and in B&W

Laguna Soft Jersey Ruffle Back T-Shirt Dress in B&W

Naples Swing Halter Dress in Dahlia Vines

I was interested in the Cabo shorts, but can't decide if I'd really wear them. The black might be cute with the embroidered top I bought, but black is so harsh on my pale, pale skin. :dontknow:
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Re: Gibson x Hi Sugarplum

Postby *K » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:07 am

I have always bought at least one piece from the Gibson collaborations (not always kept) but I'm not loving this one. For one, it's below 0 degrees so I just want comfy warm clothes at the moment. I also don't generally love tropical prints. I was considering one of the rompers in black and white stripe but it was sold out when I checked last night. I'm also not sure it's anything special for the price. I am curious what you think once you receive your pieces though!
*K
Level 15
Level 15

Postby *K » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:12 pm

What do you think about what you ordered?
*K
Level 15
Level 15

Postby bride.no.longer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:04 am

Love it! Can't wait for summer!

Carla & Nate
bride.no.longer
Level 8
Level 8

Wedding Date: Fall 2006

Postby jennelled » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:11 am

*K wrote:What do you think about what you ordered?

I returned everything except the swing dress. :dontknow: The striped dress was adorable and the fabric was great, but it was a little baggy and way too short for my comfort levels (I tried two sizes, too). I was particularly annoyed by that failure because it seems like the perfect summer dress! And she mentioned several times that it was plenty long for taller girls. I'm 5'6", although I have a short torso and longer legs. It just didn't work for me.

The embroidered back shirts were cute, but the quality wasn't great. The white was see through, and the pink I didn't love enough to keep. The front was just so plain, and it was a little shorter than I'd like. I haven't joined the front-tuck trend, so I still like my shirts long.
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Life Goes On