Newbie here! Questions re: Quail Ridge Lodge, Wentzville

A place for St. Louis Brides & Grooms to brainstorm about their weddings

Newbie here! Questions re: Quail Ridge Lodge, Wentzville

Postby AlbaSurf » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:45 am

Greetings! I am newly engaged :yahoo: and very excited about it, obviously! My fiance and I are having our reception at Quail Ridge Lodge, in Wentzville. We are thinking about the possibility of having the ceremony there as well, but not sure how to work that out with the site. We don't want the backdrop of the gazebo, would rather have it be the lake or trees or something. And we really want an outdoor ceremony. But the whole renting chairs thing, walking down the aisle.... just not sure how it would work out. If anyone here has attended a wedding or reception at Quail Ridge Lodge, or gotten married there, and could share their experiences, it would be much appreciate!
If you got married at Quail Ridge how did you deal with not being able to rehearse the night before? And was it difficult to set-up and tear-down the day of? What about facilities for getting ready?
Also, any pictures of the surrounding area or showing how you set things up would be ENORMOUSLY helpful!
Thanks!

KR

And, 'cause I want to show it off, here are some pics of our engagement ring! He got it custom-made. :-)

AlbaSurf
Level 1
Level 1

Wedding Date: Fall 2011

Re: Newbie here! Questions re: Quail Ridge Lodge, Wentzville

Postby Katie » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:56 pm

Welcome to the board! :) I was married there, but I don't have time right now to get a response to everything. I'll do my best to do it tonight after the babies are asleep! :)
"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." ~RB
Katie
Level 17
Level 17

Wedding Date: Spring 2008

Postby Katie » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:13 pm

Ok, I have time now! :) There is definitely room to use trees as a backdrop. You could turn everything sideways where the gazebo is on the left of everyone and the lodge is on the right. I rented white, wooden chairs from Sun Rental and they were the cheapest. I didn't like chairs that the lodge offered and wanted to have my ceremony outside so I needed to rent chairs. Our ceremony ended up being inside because of rain and that was not the scenario I wanted, but we made it work.

We were able to rehearse the night before, but we didn't rent the lodge the night before. We just went and did a rehearsal. The set-up and tear-down worked out well, but now that I look back on it, I wish I would have rented the lodge the day before and set it up then. Then I wouldn't have had to worry about anything day of. Family, friends and my amazing coordinator helped tear everything down.

Feel free to ask any other questions you have. Quail Ridge is very beautiful! :)
"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." ~RB
Katie
Level 17
Level 17

Postby AlbaSurf » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:01 pm

Thanks for the info! What would really really be helpful to me would be pictures of the surrounding area and how you set up things inside, just to get an idea for planning it out. I can give you my email address if you like, through private message.
Also, you used your own chairs, even inside?
We weren't able to rent it for the day before so we will have to do it all the same day. So what does a DOC do exactly? and about how much does it cost to hire one?

Thanks again for all your help!

KR
AlbaSurf
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Slomack » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:55 am

No experience with Quail Ridge, but just had to comment on your gorgeous ring--he did a great job!! Congrats!
Slomack
Level 8
Level 8

Wedding Date: Fall 2007

Postby AlbaSurf » Sat May 07, 2011 2:02 am

Slomack wrote:No experience with Quail Ridge, but just had to comment on your gorgeous ring--he did a great job!! Congrats!

Thank you! :)
AlbaSurf
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Rmchilders1s » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:54 pm

Any suggestions for event coordinators for quail ridge would be greatly appreciated! I'm so behind in planning and need help.
Rmchilders1s
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Katie » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:36 pm

Rmchilders1s wrote:Any suggestions for event coordinators for quail ridge would be greatly appreciated! I'm so behind in planning and need help.

I used Plume Events at Quail Ridge and they did an amazing job! Good luck!
Katie
Level 17
Level 17

Postby amalama » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:00 pm

I didn't get married there, but I wanted to say congrats, and your ring is gorgeous!

As far as your questions, at my location we also couldn't set up until that day and our DOC was a lifesaver! Ours was Sommer from Simply Elegant Events, and she was amazing. Also, I didn't feel like our rehearsal was 100% necessary except for the fact that we had children (8 under age 8) to deal with. For the adults I think we could have either done it somewhere different than our ceremony location, or even just talked it through quickly morning of. I wouldn't let that part worry you too much unless you are planning something way out of the ordinary that your wedding party would need to prepare for.
amalama
Level 5
Level 5

Wedding Date: Summer 2013

Postby Clover315 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:16 pm

Congrats! I love your ring!

I have been to a wedding and reception at Quail Ridge but the ceremony was inside and we sat at our tables during the ceremony. It was very pretty and worked out well.

I have a coworker whose daughter got married there and was supposed to have an outdoor wedding but do to the weather ended up having the ceremony inside as well.

good luck!
Clover315
Level 8
Level 8

Wedding Date: Fall 2010

Postby dbht5 » Fri May 02, 2014 7:43 pm

Nothing to add about Quail Ridge, but congratulations!
dbht5
Level 8
Level 8

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Postby bride.no.longer » Tue May 13, 2014 10:14 am

No experience with Quail Ridge Lodge, but your ring is very pretty!!

Carla & Nate
bride.no.longer
Level 8
Level 8

Wedding Date: Fall 2006

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to General Wedding Talk