Modsy Review

Newlyweds (and brides/grooms) can post here to discuss life beyond their wedding plans

Modsy Review

Postby jennelled » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:41 pm

I get absolutely zero credit / kickback / anything for sharing this with you guys - this is a completely honest review. (And it's so weird that I felt like I had to say that, but with all the sponsored content these days I wanted you to know this was a legit experience!)

It all started because we haven't really done anything with our living room since we moved in. We added built ins a couple of years ago, but we're still rocking the couch we bought when we bought our first house...in 2007. Our coffee table and end tables have been around since our first apartment...in 2005. I contacted an acquaintance who is just starting in interior design for a quote, and you guys, she suggested 4-6 hours. At $99 bucks an hour. =P~ I can't spend that much and not get any actual stuff! Disclaimer - I am sure that that is a reasonable price for her time. It's just not in my budget.

Enter modsy.

You submit a bunch of pictures of your room, along with a few measurements. You answer a bunch of style quiz questions so they can get a feel for what you want. And then you wait! Mine took five days.

They build a 3D model of your room (and it is SO REALISTIC, you guys!!), and provide two initial designs. You can also edit the designs using furniture and art from their database in a little 3D editor. It's pretty easy to use! Anything you change is automatically saved as a new version of the design, so you don't lose their pro designs. And if neither design is quite right, you can submit for a redesign! Even the base package (which is what I bought) includes two redesigns (I think the more expensive ones still have unlimited redesigns).

It was incredibly helpful to have someone else's opinion on layouts that would work. I feel like I get stuck in a rut - the couch HAS to go there, etc., and my designs helped me see different layouts that would work. Ultimately, I wasn't 100% sold on either design so I requested a redo. They asked additional questions, asked for links to Pinterest boards, wanted to know what I did and did not like about the first versions. Two days later, bam! New design. And you know what? I LOVE IT.

You can buy all the products they use through them, but I was able to get most things cheaper by finding them myself online. The packages themselves start at $59, but I bought mine with a 25% off coupon code and they were just advertising another discount over MLK Day so I think you can probably usually find a discount if you're willing to wait. They also just added a three-room package, which includes one on one design help. It was $100 off over MLK, and if I hadn't already done our living room I would have scooped it up!

Here are a few shots from our designs (sorry they're so huge!).

Design 1:

Design 2:

Design 3 (our winner):
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Re: Modsy Review

Postby Leann » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:21 am

Wow, the pics do look super realistic! What a cool experience!
[url=http://s211.photobucket.com/user/mattleann/media/Bringer%20Family%20072_zpszf9jpq5t.jpg.html]

http://www.bringertoengland.blogspot.com
Leann
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Fall 2007

Postby LizAnn » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:08 am

That is awesome! And thank you so much for the review! A few bloggers have reviewed them recently, but it has been sponsored content, so I am always hesitant. Also, it seemed weird to me that design bloggers were using them... The pictures look incredibly real!

I am going to do the three room one for sure! I am excited because I need some help!

Which design is your favorite, out of curiosity?
LizAnn
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Spring 2011

Postby happeejen » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:13 am

I love that there's a Modsy book on the tables :) - that's really neat thanks for sharing!
happeejen
Level 8
Level 8

Postby jennelled » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:18 am

LizAnn wrote:Which design is your favorite, out of curiosity?

Design 3! I wasn't a huge fan of the chairs in Design 1, because we have kids and I felt like we needed more seating. Also, they put this huge dresser in front of our awesome windows, and then leaned a massive painting against the wall? HELLO. I have kids. Design 2 was nice because we've always talked about getting a sectional. But I wasn't happy with the rest of the room in that design.

Design 3 is one of our included redesigns. We're back to the chairs, but the way they placed them made me feel heard because I told them we weren't sure we're replacing the couch / loveseat - the chairs basically stand in for our loveseat. We aren't following it all exactly, but we definitely like the basic bones! I went on a shopping spree this weekend, and I'm anxiously awaiting a new coffee table, console table, and rug. We hung up similar blue pictures on that far wall this weekend (although now I need a new piece of furniture back there...). What we're ACTUALLY doing is kind of combining all of our favorite elements of all three designs. :) But mainly it's Design 3.
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Postby *K » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:13 am

jennelled wrote:
LizAnn wrote:Which design is your favorite, out of curiosity?

Design 3! I wasn't a huge fan of the chairs in Design 1, because we have kids and I felt like we needed more seating. Also, they put this huge dresser in front of our awesome windows, and then leaned a massive painting against the wall? HELLO. I have kids. Design 2 was nice because we've always talked about getting a sectional. But I wasn't happy with the rest of the room in that design.

Design 3 is one of our included redesigns. We're back to the chairs, but the way they placed them made me feel heard because I told them we weren't sure we're replacing the couch / loveseat - the chairs basically stand in for our loveseat. We aren't following it all exactly, but we definitely like the basic bones! I went on a shopping spree this weekend, and I'm anxiously awaiting a new coffee table, console table, and rug. We hung up similar blue pictures on that far wall this weekend (although now I need a new piece of furniture back there...). What we're ACTUALLY doing is kind of combining all of our favorite elements of all three designs. :) But mainly it's Design 3.

I think all of those options look good. Don't forget to report back with a picture of your finished room!
*K
Level 15
Level 15

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Life Goes On