Goalz

Newlyweds (and brides/grooms) can post here to discuss life beyond their wedding plans

Goalz

Postby jennelled » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:39 am

So, who has resolutions / goals / thoughts / a word for 2019? Do share!
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Re: Goalz

Postby *K » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:39 am

Chicago Marathon!!!

(Stephanie - Tell Dave thanks for the inspiration!)
*K
Level 15
Level 15

Postby k.linn » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:09 pm

I’m hoping to finally ditch the baby weight (10 lbs hung around after each kid. Ugh.). P and I are trying to be more mindful of spending/save more and meal plan better. We’re going to start doing family meetings each Wednesday to help in this respect. I’m also going to continue my quest for balance between work and home, and really work to say “no” more often.
Kim: wife to Phil (07.01.06) and Mama to Audrey, Micah, Hadley, and Malachi.
[url
k.linn
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Summer 2006

Postby Leann » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:00 am

I don't really do resolutions, but my focus next year will be on improving me. This past year I've been working on friendships, which has been great. For the first time since having kids I feel like my own person as well as a mother. I've recently started going to an exercise class, and as soon as they start having more classes in my area I will do more of that. I lost a little weight this year, and have about 10 pounds to go to my goal (okay, probably about 13 after the holidays). If I can maintain my goal I'll get a consultation for a breast reduction (one of my friends got one and loves it).
Of course I'm not going to be 100% selfish. I'm working on my patience and parenting, especially for the neurodivergent child. And I've been trying to work on communication with the husband. Basically I'm trying to take care of myself so I feel whole and well enough to better take care of the family. It feels like it still sounds very selfish when I type it all out.
[url=http://s211.photobucket.com/user/mattleann/media/Bringer%20Family%20072_zpszf9jpq5t.jpg.html]

http://www.bringertoengland.blogspot.com
Leann
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Fall 2007

Postby *K » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:36 pm

Leann wrote:I don't really do resolutions, but my focus next year will be on improving me. This past year I've been working on friendships, which has been great. For the first time since having kids I feel like my own person as well as a mother. I've recently started going to an exercise class, and as soon as they start having more classes in my area I will do more of that. I lost a little weight this year, and have about 10 pounds to go to my goal (okay, probably about 13 after the holidays). If I can maintain my goal I'll get a consultation for a breast reduction (one of my friends got one and loves it).
Of course I'm not going to be 100% selfish. I'm working on my patience and parenting, especially for the neurodivergent child. And I've been trying to work on communication with the husband. Basically I'm trying to take care of myself so I feel whole and well enough to better take care of the family. It feels like it still sounds very selfish when I type it all out.

I don’t think it’s selfish at all. I went to a women’s retreat for work this fall and as we went around to introduce ourselves we had to also share something about ourselves that we are proud of. I said that I was proud that I had figured out that it’s okay to take some time for myself and do things I enjoy, like running, now that my kiddos are a little older. Several people came up to me after and thought that was a great thing to be proud of because we often don’t do it, or don’t consider it something to be proud of. The exercise was really awesome, actually. It was so neat to hear what the other women were proud of.
*K
Level 15
Level 15

Postby Steph1673 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:19 am

*K wrote:Chicago Marathon!!!

(Stephanie - Tell Dave thanks for the inspiration!)

yay! Congrats and good luck!
Steph & Dave ~ 11.08.08
Claire Elizabeth ~ 3.24.11
Theodore David ~ 7.14.15
Steph1673
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Fall 2008

Postby Leann » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:45 am

*K wrote:
Leann wrote:I don't really do resolutions, but my focus next year will be on improving me. This past year I've been working on friendships, which has been great. For the first time since having kids I feel like my own person as well as a mother. I've recently started going to an exercise class, and as soon as they start having more classes in my area I will do more of that. I lost a little weight this year, and have about 10 pounds to go to my goal (okay, probably about 13 after the holidays). If I can maintain my goal I'll get a consultation for a breast reduction (one of my friends got one and loves it).

I don’t think it’s selfish at all. I went to a women’s retreat for work this fall and as we went around to introduce ourselves we had to also share something about ourselves that we are proud of. I said that I was proud that I had figured out that it’s okay to take some time for myself and do things I enjoy, like running, now that my kiddos are a little older. Several people came up to me after and thought that was a great thing to be proud of because we often don’t do it, or don’t consider it something to be proud of. The exercise was really awesome, actually. It was so neat to hear what the other women were proud of.

Thank you. The idea of the selfless, devoted mother is so deeply ingrained. It is healthy to have me time, but I still feel judged.
[url=http://s211.photobucket.com/user/mattleann/media/Bringer%20Family%20072_zpszf9jpq5t.jpg.html]

http://www.bringertoengland.blogspot.com
Leann
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Fall 2007

Postby LizAnn » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:14 am

Leann wrote:
*K wrote:

Thank you. The idea of the selfless, devoted mother is so deeply ingrained. It is healthy to have me time, but I still feel judged.

This is part of my goal for this year too! Make time to take care of myself! Mainly, when it comes to exercise.

Last night I left a sink full of dishes and ran while my husband was at the gym. Why do I have to put off my workout just because I am working out at home? I don't. So, for the first time, I didn't. I worked out, and then cleaned up the kitchen after my workout with the help of my husband when he got home. If I had done the kitchen first, he would have gotten home as I finished up and I would have never worked out.

My husband and I also have some financial goals that I am really excited to work on. Mainly being more mindful of our spending. We may try a cash system for eating out so that we have to stick to the budget. That seems to be where we blow it...

And balance with work and home life is my other main goal. I may still reduce my hours to 80% to accomplish this. I am really trying to work out the kinks and see if that is necessary.

I am such a sucker for new beginnings, so I am really excited for the new year and all the possibilities! :)
LizAnn
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Spring 2011

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Life Goes On