Friday!

Newlyweds (and brides/grooms) can post here to discuss life beyond their wedding plans

Friday!

Postby k.linn » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:20 pm

What’s going on?
Kim: wife to Phil (07.01.06) and Mama to Audrey, Micah, Hadley, and Malachi.
[url
k.linn
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Summer 2006

Re: Friday!

Postby k.linn » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:09 pm

I’m off until 1/3 and I am so happy! I’m just going to include Christmas in my lineup, too.

Today: I had a half day. I’m currently waiting for the bigs to get home and then we’ll go pick up the littles from my parents’. Tonight I need to clean (my house went to ---- amidst the stress of finals week/end of the semester), and I plan to hit the gym.

Tomorrow: shopping with my bestie (sans kids! Hallelujah!). Audrey has a futsal game and then we’re having our cousins over for dinner, I think.

Sunday: family Christmas with P’s dad and siblings.

Monday: taking the kids to the movies then church at 5 and dinner with my parents at our house.

Tuesday: we’ll spend the morning here and then go to my parebts’ for brunch. It’s always a little hectic, and we see them Christmas Eve, too, but I can’t imagine dropping that morning visit. My brother is. . . Uhhh... Rather off the grid, and we’re the only family they have to celebrate holidays with. We truly enjoy it, too, but just hate that we immediately hustle from there to celebrate with p’s mom and siblings (divorce makes holidays so hard! At least for us!).
Kim: wife to Phil (07.01.06) and Mama to Audrey, Micah, Hadley, and Malachi.
[url
k.linn
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Summer 2006

Re: Friday!

Postby jennelled » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:03 pm

Divorce does indeed make the holidays more stressful. I absolutely love my refusal to travel at Christmas / the fact that we have no family here so that Christmas is all about our immediate family.

Today: I took the day off! I've been having a super hard time lately (general life overwhelm), and it's nice to have some alone time. Of course, I went to the eye doctor and chiro this morning, then to Clara's holiday party, and then I'm volunteering at an event this evening for their school...so it's nice to have four hours of alone time. ;)

Saturday: We're going to make our latest Raddish box.

Sunday: Heading to a neighbor's house for a little bit.

Monday: I'm off, and Matt said he'd take the day, too - but he'll probably work (this is a big factor in my general life overwhelm). I would like to take the kids Uptown to see the singing bears and other holiday decorations. We'll see.

Tuesday: Christmas!! Just hanging out, opening gifts, and gorging ourselves on delicious food. :)
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Life Goes On