Last minute shopping ideas...

Newlyweds (and brides/grooms) can post here to discuss life beyond their wedding plans

Last minute shopping ideas...

Postby LizAnn » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:43 am

Oh my! I am so behind! I was doing great at the beginning of December, and then all the sudden time got away from me!

I have gift cards for the teachers at daycare, but I usually like to add something extra. Last year we did cozy socks... Anyone have any original ideas for the extra?

My assistant at work. Is it weird to get her a gas card? Her son just moved to Arkansas so I thought that might be nice to fund a trip down to see him? Any better ideas? She is so great, so I want her to know how much I appreciate her. Also, she has a pool, so if anyone has ideas that relate to that....

Daycare director? Do you guys gift to them to? In the past we have only done teachers, but the director had a pile of presents in her office yesterday!

I need to get my great Aunt something small too. More of a hostess gift type thing. Last year we did a nice olive oil set. Any unique ideas that I could pick up today or tomorrow?

And I still have to get my sister something... And my husband... I at least know what I am getting my husband, I just have to pick it up.

Anyone else feeling the pressure this week?
LizAnn
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Spring 2011

Re: Last minute shopping ideas...

Postby ame » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:21 pm

I think the gas card is a great idea, or a Sbux card if she likes that.
Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
ame
Level 18
Level 18

Wedding Date: Summer 2005

Postby durbaa » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:14 am

LizAnn wrote:Oh my! I am so behind! I was doing great at the beginning of December, and then all the sudden time got away from me!

I have gift cards for the teachers at daycare, but I usually like to add something extra. Last year we did cozy socks... Anyone have any original ideas for the extra?

My assistant at work. Is it weird to get her a gas card? Her son just moved to Arkansas so I thought that might be nice to fund a trip down to see him? Any better ideas? She is so great, so I want her to know how much I appreciate her. Also, she has a pool, so if anyone has ideas that relate to that....

Daycare director? Do you guys gift to them to? In the past we have only done teachers, but the director had a pile of presents in her office yesterday!

I need to get my great Aunt something small too. More of a hostess gift type thing. Last year we did a nice olive oil set. Any unique ideas that I could pick up today or tomorrow?

And I still have to get my sister something... And my husband... I at least know what I am getting my husband, I just have to pick it up.

Anyone else feeling the pressure this week?

Most times I do gift cards and something small too. Last year I went to target and got tiny stockings in the dollar spot and did gift cards in them with candy, they were a huge hit. I was tempted to do mini alcohol bottles but thought that might not be appropriate. :laughing:

I think the gas card sounds great! I'm sure she would appreciate that so much.

I don't gift to the director, Hanna usually has at least 2 teachers but sometimes way more than that. Typically I buy bigger gifts for the main teacher and then smaller gifts for the others or bring in breakfast/some sort of snack for everyone one day.

What about some sort of small basket with Harry and David stuff? Like the pepper relish is always a huge hit and then fill in with smaller items.

We were out of state last week so I missed 8 days (plus the days prepping for the trip!) of preparing. I'm almost finished shopping but definitely feeling the pressure, you're not alone!
~*Ashley*~

http://gettinghitched.weebly.com My DIY bio...a work in progress

durbaa
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Fall 2009

Postby november2 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:21 am

Pier one has all their Christmas stuff 50% off. I got some really cute painted Christmas wine glasses for $5 each. I bought these for hostess gifts and also my husbands adult cousins (even though I buy for their kids I feel like I owe the adults a gift too)

athleta semi annual sale just started you might be able to find a cozy top for your sister.

I never used to buy for our day care director teachers only

What about a nice restaurant gift card for your assistant?
november2
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Fall 2007

Postby LizAnn » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:42 am

We ended up making cookies and attaching a nice card (with a Target gift card) to a bag of cookies for each of the daycare teachers. There are 8 of them between my two kids, so it always feels like such a task! We dropped a plate of cookies off in the office for the director, and whoever else stops by.

For my assistant I got a QT gift card and a Bread Co. gift card, along with some cookies and a card. I gave the other assistant in my group and paralegals cookies and a Bread Co. gift card.

I got some cute clothes for my sister at target last night too! It was a productive evening. I have to return a shirt I got for my aunt and get her something else. I ordered online and the material is really thin. I am so bummed because the cut of the shirt is really cute.

I am definitely going to check out Pier One for some small gifts. Thanks for the tip! Hopefully I can get everything finished today!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!
LizAnn
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Spring 2011

Postby durbaa » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:58 pm

LizAnn wrote:I got some cute clothes for my sister at target last night too! It was a productive evening. I have to return a shirt I got for my aunt and get her something else. I ordered online and the material is really thin. I am so bummed because the cut of the shirt is really cute.

Is it a type of shirt that she could wear a cami under?
~*Ashley*~

http://gettinghitched.weebly.com My DIY bio...a work in progress

durbaa
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Fall 2009

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Life Goes On