Tubal Ligation--and it's failure rate?

Newlyweds (and brides/grooms) can post here to discuss life beyond their wedding plans

Tubal Ligation--and it's failure rate?

Postby ame » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:22 pm

Has anyone had a tubal? I am hearing that it has a surprisngly high failure rate--IE you can get pregnant still???
Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
ame
Level 18
Level 18

Wedding Date: Summer 2005

Re: Tubal Ligation--and it's failure rate?

Postby lovemyweenies » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:30 pm

I have not had a tubal, but yes, as with any other form of contraception (aside from hysterectomy), there is a failure rate. Additionally, a tubal brings with it an increased risk of ectopic pregnancy, which can be dangerous in an of itself.

I found this to be a pretty good breakdown of the risks and benefits: https://www.rcog.org.uk/globalassets/do ... 3-2016.pdf
ImageImageImage

Image Image
lovemyweenies
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Postby MissW2BMrsA » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:34 pm

I'm not sure if it's still considered a tubal, but you can have your tubes removed, v.s. cut/clipped/burned, and that may change the "failure rate."
Mary & Lou 7-18-09
Elizabeth Kate 6-29-13
William Louis 3-24-16
MissW2BMrsA
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Summer 2009

Postby ame » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:18 pm

MissW2BMrsA wrote:I'm not sure if it's still considered a tubal, but you can have your tubes removed, v.s. cut/clipped/burned, and that may change the "failure rate."

my appt got cancelled as I was leaving work yesterday, so I am going in next week. I will ask about that option. I want no babby.
Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
ame
Level 18
Level 18

Wedding Date: Summer 2005

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Life Goes On