Apple Music vs Pandora

Newlyweds (and brides/grooms) can post here to discuss life beyond their wedding plans

Apple Music vs Pandora

Postby cardinalkite » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:08 pm

I got a trial to Apple Music and I kind of liked it. I'm not sure about paying $10/month though. I have had the $3.99 Pandora subscription for years and I use it a lot. Any comparison of the two or thoughts on either?
Danny: [after a boy goes missing at Yankee Stadium] This would've never happened at Shea.
Vivian: It's so sad how bitter Mets fans are.

-Without a Trace

http://www.leftturnyieldongreen.blogspot.com
cardinalkite
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Spring 2006

Re: Apple Music vs Pandora

Postby *K » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:17 pm

I pay for apple music because that's the only option (that I am aware of) for playing music through my apple watch without having my phone around (i.e while running). I listen to pandora for free though when I am just at home and at my computer. It plays music that I like and I don't want to mess with trying something different.
*K
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Postby jennelled » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:50 pm

My husband loves Apple Music. I don't know the details, but I like that he can choose exactly what he wants to play - the girls request specific songs in the car that he can pull up. With Pandora, it's like regular Pandora but with no ads, right?
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Postby *K » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:57 am

jennelled wrote:My husband loves Apple Music. I don't know the details, but I like that he can choose exactly what he wants to play - the girls request specific songs in the car that he can pull up. With Pandora, it's like regular Pandora but with no ads, right?

Ha - Matt's reason is the reason why I don't use apple music on a regular basis, even though we pay for it. I do NOT like to pick songs. I want to be surprised!
*K
Level 15
Level 15

Postby jennelled » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:42 am

*K wrote:
jennelled wrote:My husband loves Apple Music. I don't know the details, but I like that he can choose exactly what he wants to play - the girls request specific songs in the car that he can pull up. With Pandora, it's like regular Pandora but with no ads, right?

Ha - Matt's reason is the reason why I don't use apple music on a regular basis, even though we pay for it. I do NOT like to pick songs. I want to be surprised!

I actually asked him about this over the weekend, and he said he was thinking about switching to Spotify. He likes Pandora because it will choose the playlist for you, and while Apple does have a few Apple Radio options, it's much more limited. I guess Spotify is a mixture of the two? You can choose playlists from people, but then also choose specific songs?
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Postby *K » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:26 pm

jennelled wrote:
*K wrote:

I actually asked him about this over the weekend, and he said he was thinking about switching to Spotify. He likes Pandora because it will choose the playlist for you, and while Apple does have a few Apple Radio options, it's much more limited. I guess Spotify is a mixture of the two? You can choose playlists from people, but then also choose specific songs?

I am sure they can all do much more than I am aware of. My husband uses spotify.

As an aside, when I was running a few weeks ago my watch kept playing music that I didn't recognize. I was so confused because I didn't have my phone with me and my watch was only able to play from downloaded music. As it turns out, there was some random setting that was automatically adding apple's suggested playlists to my music.
*K
Level 15
Level 15

Postby Phlpns314JLF » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:11 am

I know this is a late post, but I'm chiming in with a vote Google Music, actually. It's the same price as Apple Music, but it also come with ad-free YouTube and a sub to YouTube TV. I don't use their TV part, but I LOVE the ad-free YT, esp since I use a LOT of YouTube during the week at school.
J.L.F. + J.W.H.

_~*My Blog*~_

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXCfO71/]
[/url]
Phlpns314JLF
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Spring 2009

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Life Goes On