Happy Friday!

Newlyweds (and brides/grooms) can post here to discuss life beyond their wedding plans

Happy Friday!

Postby jennelled » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:38 am

What's up this weekend, my friends?
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Re: Happy Friday!

Postby jennelled » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:43 am

Today: I'm home with Corinne. I had to take her to the ER last night - her fever got all the way up to 105, even with Motrin! No real diagnosis. We have a follow up at the pediatrician this morning. I've missed a ton of work this week with sick kids, which really sucks because I have tons of new responsibilities post-layoffs and I feel like an imposter and that I'm failing at everything. But! I really only have ONE thing I HAVE to get done for work today, which I'll do during naptime. I plan to make myself cheer up by picking out Christmas cards and watching fall stuff on TV. :) This evening, our daycare has a big fall event. I always planned to stay home with Corinne (it's really past her bedtime), but Matt and the big girls will go.

Saturday: I've got a blow out at 2:45 at Drybar. This one is free to make up for a pretty terrible experience last time. That evening, we're headed to a charity gala and I have the most awesomest dress ever. I've been looking forward to this for a couple of months! I plan to put Corinne down before we go, so hopefully we can still go even though she's sick - the babysitter will just have to be available for her if she wakes up.

Sunday: Our church is having a fall festival I'd like to swing by. Also, we still need to go to a pumpkin patch.
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Postby durbaa » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:23 am

jennelled wrote:Today: I'm home with Corinne. I had to take her to the ER last night - her fever got all the way up to 105, even with Motrin! No real diagnosis.

Saturday: I've got a blow out at 2:45 at Drybar. This one is free to make up for a pretty terrible experience last time. That evening, we're headed to a charity gala and I have the most awesomest dress ever. I've been looking forward to this for a couple of months! I plan to put Corinne down before we go, so hopefully we can still go even though she's sick - the babysitter will just have to be available for her if she wakes up.

Look at sixth (roseola) disease. Last year Hanna spiked a fever over 105 on meds and I freaked out. It was on a weekend (isn't it always?!) so while we were getting her ready for the ER I called the nurse line and they told us to try a couple things to see if they brought the fever down before we went in. Thank God they did and we ended up not going. They thought she just had some sort of virus or something, but wasn't for sure. The next day or two she ended up with this rash all over. I started googling and landed on sixth disease. We had a follow up with the pedi and sure enough that's what she had. Fingers crossed that's all it is for you because once she had the fever and rash, from what I remember it was over fairly quickly after that.

Do you have a link to the dress? I'd love to see it!

We're going out of town this weekend. We have a Halloween event on Saturday night and pumpkin patch on our way back in town on Sunday, can't wait!
~*Ashley*~

http://gettinghitched.weebly.com My DIY bio...a work in progress

durbaa
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Fall 2009

Postby jennelled » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:30 am

durbaa wrote:
jennelled wrote:Today: I'm home with Corinne. I had to take her to the ER last night - her fever got all the way up to 105, even with Motrin! No real diagnosis.

Look at sixth (roseola) disease. Last year Hanna spiked a fever over 105 on meds and I freaked out. It was on a weekend (isn't it always?!) so while we were getting her ready for the ER I called the nurse line and they told us to try a couple things to see if they brought the fever down before we went in. Thank God they did and we ended up not going. They thought she just had some sort of virus or something, but wasn't for sure. The next day or two she ended up with this rash all over. I started googling and landed on sixth disease. We had a follow up with the pedi and sure enough that's what she had. Fingers crossed that's all it is for you because once she had the fever and rash, from what I remember it was over fairly quickly after that.

Do you have a link to the dress? I'd love to see it!

We're going out of town this weekend. We have a Halloween event on Saturday night and pumpkin patch on our way back in town on Sunday, can't wait!

The pediatrician nurse line is who sent us to the ER - they went through like 20 minutes of questions to say, yep, no matter how you answered at 105 we were sending you in. Thaaaaanks for that, ha ha. No rash yet! She didn't have a fever when she woke up, but is super lethargic. I just put her down for a nap, and her appointment is in an hour.

Here's the dress!
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Postby k.linn » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:19 am

Today: our PAT educator just left. We were supposed to go to the zoo, but rain is in the forecast and I’m not chancing that by myself with all 4, so a day at home it is! I’m truthfully relieved—a nap and lounging around sounds nice. This evening one kid has a birthday party and another soccer.

Tomorrow: 2 soccer games and a hayride event with family.

Sunday: soccer, pumpkin patch, soccer.

Monday is our last day of fall break (we’ve been off for the past week) and Malachi’s first day of daycare. He’ll go two days/week with Haddie. I’m dropping them off for a partial day/trial run and the older kids are going with me to my classroom to set up. I’m going back to work on Tuesday. I think. I keep extending, but I feel like I just need to suck it up and go back. The timing is pretty ideal (new quarter and fresh off a break). I think I’m mainly struggling because I don’t know these kids, and my sub (first year teacher) seemed to struggle with classroom management so I’m anticipating a rough transition.
Kim: wife to Phil (07.01.06) and Mama to Audrey, Micah, Hadley, and Malachi.
[url
k.linn
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Summer 2006

Postby MPIII » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:06 pm

jennelled wrote:Here's the dress!

LOVE that dress!! Will keep in mind for future.

Tonight- Trunk or Treat
Sat- Picking up new golf cart, soccer, yard work, Halloween party for my son
Sun-Church, soccer, grocery shop

MPIII
Level 9
Level 9

Wedding Date: Summer 2007

Postby Leann » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:01 am

Friday- just boring regular Friday. The bigger kids had karate before school, and Miles had football after school. We didn't do anything of note otherwise.

Saturday- Taking Clara to get her flu shot. We need to decorate jam jars for Remembrance Day, so I have to see if we have paint. Then a babysitter is coming so Matt and I can go to dinner for our anniversary.

Sunday- Nothing planned, although we have a big to do list.
[url=http://s211.photobucket.com/user/mattleann/media/Bringer%20Family%20072_zpszf9jpq5t.jpg.html]

http://www.bringertoengland.blogspot.com
Leann
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Fall 2007

Postby jennelled » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:55 am

durbaa wrote:Look at sixth (roseola) disease. Last year Hanna spiked a fever over 105 on meds and I freaked out. It was on a weekend (isn't it always?!) so while we were getting her ready for the ER I called the nurse line and they told us to try a couple things to see if they brought the fever down before we went in. Thank God they did and we ended up not going. They thought she just had some sort of virus or something, but wasn't for sure. The next day or two she ended up with this rash all over. I started googling and landed on sixth disease. We had a follow up with the pedi and sure enough that's what she had. Fingers crossed that's all it is for you because once she had the fever and rash, from what I remember it was over fairly quickly after that.

She DID have roseola! I'm so glad you mentioned it!
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Postby durbaa » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:42 am

jennelled wrote:
durbaa wrote:Look at sixth (roseola) disease. Last year Hanna spiked a fever over 105 on meds and I freaked out. It was on a weekend (isn't it always?!) so while we were getting her ready for the ER I called the nurse line and they told us to try a couple things to see if they brought the fever down before we went in. Thank God they did and we ended up not going. They thought she just had some sort of virus or something, but wasn't for sure. The next day or two she ended up with this rash all over. I started googling and landed on sixth disease. We had a follow up with the pedi and sure enough that's what she had. Fingers crossed that's all it is for you because once she had the fever and rash, from what I remember it was over fairly quickly after that.

She DID have roseola! I'm so glad you mentioned it!

I'm so glad that's all it was! It's so scary in the moment but luckily once the high fever is over, it doesn't seem to be too bad. Hope she's feeling better!
~*Ashley*~

http://gettinghitched.weebly.com My DIY bio...a work in progress

durbaa
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Fall 2009

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Life Goes On