Labor Day Weekend!

Newlyweds (and brides/grooms) can post here to discuss life beyond their wedding plans

Labor Day Weekend!

Postby jennelled » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:33 am

Who's got long weekend plans?
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Re: Labor Day Weekend!

Postby jennelled » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:40 am

Today: Working this morning, then meeting a friend for a late lunch and finishing the day from home. Matt's dad flies in tonight, but I'm not sure exactly what time because Trump is in town and the airport is going to end up with delays.

Saturday: Our town has a festival this weekend, so we'll probably stop by for a bit.

Sunday: Clara has a birthday party in the afternoon.

Monday: One year pictures for Corinne! Early, because her birthday is 9/24 and our photographer is due 9/26. They were originally supposed to be 9/8, but she had to move them up. I ordered half of Gymboree (arrives today!), so I think the girls are all covered - but one of my other plans at some point this weekend is to get to the mall for outfits for me and Matt, plus something to wear to a conference I'm speaking at next month.
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Postby k.linn » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:00 am

My older kids are going to the lake with their grandparents for the weekend, so it’ll be weird to just have the littles here!
Today: running errands (including stopping by a local shrimp farm—interesting!) and then having our cousins/besties over for dinner tonight. And probably watching Ozark ;)

Saturday: we have a wedding to attend and it’s at the Caramel Room. It was a process to find childcare for all the kids, but we did. Whew! I’ve never been to a reception there, so I’m interested in checking it out and spending a night with the hubs and adults (haven’t done that in a good 3 months;)

Sunday: p has his fantasy football draft so who knows what I’ll do with the kids—probably try to get out of the house for a bit.

Monday: house stuff and getting ready for the week!
Kim: wife to Phil (07.01.06) and Mama to Audrey, Micah, Hadley, and Malachi.
[url
k.linn
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Summer 2006

Postby Jacoby2Seelen » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:14 am

Friday: Work, not sure what the rest of the day will bring us.
Saturday: Kids Club Party at Busch. It is our first time going, so not sure what to expect. But we were promised some autographs. Should be ahhh-mazing for Mav, looking up at the "big baseball game guys". That evening, adults only 80th B-day party. WOOOOO (I'm going with my cousin while the DHs stay home with the kids.)
Sunday: Senior pics for a friend's kid. So, won't be like any other shoot. Just kind of "getting together and bringing my camera". So, way more laid back!
Monday: Taking Mav to see Nana, who has been in Disney all week. She is very anxious to see him! So, I'm sure we will need a U-Haul to get home with everything she has bought him while there. :laughing:
Trisha and Ric
November 12, 2005
Jacoby2Seelen
Level 13
Level 13

Wedding Date: Fall

Postby maygirl » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:29 pm

Tonight: no plans. I'm sure the kids will want to play outside with neighbors

Saturday: Probably just housework and yard work in the morning. I am taking Kaitlyn to a birthday party in the afternoon and DH is taking our oldest to get her pet fish that she has been wanting forever.

Sunday: A pool party for a neighbors birthday in the afternoon.

Monday: No plans! I'm not sure what we will do, but probably something as a family.
maygirl
Level 13
Level 13

Wedding Date: Spring 2008

Postby Leann » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:21 am

Friday: The older kids had summer club at a local gym.

Saturday: There's a Lego event at our convention center.

Sunday: Errands, grocery list.

Monday: Meeting up with a woman who's just moved from Chicago. She has two kids, same ages as M and L.
[url=http://s211.photobucket.com/user/mattleann/media/Bringer%20Family%20072_zpszf9jpq5t.jpg.html]

http://www.bringertoengland.blogspot.com
Leann
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Fall 2007

Postby Steph1673 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:04 pm

Friday: Drank way too much at a mom's back to school auction sign up party last night... There were jell-o shots and i'm officially too old for this.

Saturday: See above. My first hangover in a really long time. Was mostly useless today, but did take the kids to the opening of our new fire house and got a tour, which was fun.

Sunday: Headed to a friend's house tomorrow evening. Maybe an afternoon swim at our pool where we are members before.

Monday: Dave is golfing with some guys in the neighborhood and will then meet us at his parent's pool for one last summer swim with family.
Steph & Dave ~ 11.08.08
Claire Elizabeth ~ 3.24.11
Theodore David ~ 7.14.15
Steph1673
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Fall 2008

Postby maygirl » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:51 pm

Steph1673 wrote:Friday: Drank way too much at a mom's back to school auction sign up party last night... There were jell-o shots and i'm officially too old for this.

:laughing: This is a great strategy to get parents to volunteer for things. :laughing:
maygirl
Level 13
Level 13

Wedding Date: Spring 2008

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Life Goes On