Mattresses and Bedding

Newlyweds (and brides/grooms) can post here to discuss life beyond their wedding plans

Mattresses and Bedding

Postby maygirl » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:14 pm

1)Has anyone had any experiences with buying mattresses online? Thinking like the Purple or Casper brands.

2) Where is your favorite place to shop for bedding???
maygirl
Level 13
Level 13

Wedding Date: Spring 2008

Re: Mattresses and Bedding

Postby jennelled » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:32 am

I don't have any experience with the online mattresses, but judging by the posts in my local mom's group, it's very hit or miss. People seem to try a bunch before they find one they like and then they're very devoted!

Our sheets are from a variety of places. Bed Bath & Beyond, JCP, ours are from Cariloha. For the pretty bedding, though, all of our stuff is PB and PB Kids.
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Postby maygirl » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:49 pm

jennelled wrote:I don't have any experience with the online mattresses, but judging by the posts in my local mom's group, it's very hit or miss. People seem to try a bunch before they find one they like and then they're very devoted!

Our sheets are from a variety of places. Bed Bath & Beyond, JCP, ours are from Cariloha. For the pretty bedding, though, all of our stuff is PB and PB Kids.

That's not what I want to hear! I have zero interest in trying and returning a bunch of mattresses.
maygirl
Level 13
Level 13

Postby maygirl » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:18 am

We ordered a king size Puffy mattress and frame/foundation. It was ranked #1 on several lists and was featured on Ellen. I told DH if it was good enough for Ellen and Portia, its good enough for me. :laughing: Fingers crossed!!
maygirl
Level 13
Level 13

Postby lurinmichelle » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:56 am

We've been happy with our Casper mattress, but I do think that this is something that could be so hit or miss because people's wants/needs are so different. They have good customer service though, and a good policy for trialing (and subsequently returning if you're not happy) so I felt comfortable taking the risk ordering that online.

I'm still on the hunt for the perfect bedding, so no help there. I had a pillow top mattress previously and literally hated every bedding I had because nothing fit properly. So I need to fall in love with something now that I have a regular size mattress again.
lurinmichelle
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Spring 2010

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Life Goes On