Cleaning Hardwood and Tile Floors

Newlyweds (and brides/grooms) can post here to discuss life beyond their wedding plans

Cleaning Hardwood and Tile Floors

Postby Erin&Ben08 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:02 pm

Does a mop exist that will safely clean both hardwood and tile floors?
Right now I have a Bona mop for the hardwoods, a steam mop for the tile floor in the bathrooms, plus the vacuum for the carpets. I'd love to consolidate as we really don't have the storage space for everything. Everything I've seen is just made for one or the other though.

Erin&Ben08
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Spring 2008

Re: Cleaning Hardwood and Tile Floors

Postby durbaa » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:56 am

We have the Bona mop and just switch out the cleaners. They have a cleaner for hardwood and one for tile. And I don't know if it's necessary or not, but I use one pad for the tile and one for the hardwood.
~*Ashley*~

http://gettinghitched.weebly.com My DIY bio...a work in progress

durbaa
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Fall 2009

Postby ctab » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:29 pm

We have a bissel mop vacuum thing from Costco that does tile, hardwood, and light carpet cleaning. It has been wonderful so far.
Colleen

Ambrose

Bernadette

Michael

Baby 4
ctab
Level 13
Level 13

Postby Erin&Ben08 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:40 pm

durbaa wrote:We have the Bona mop and just switch out the cleaners. They have a cleaner for hardwood and one for tile. And I don't know if it's necessary or not, but I use one pad for the tile and one for the hardwood.

I didn't know that! Do you feel like the tile cleaner sanitizes well? We have two boys and their aiming skills are pretty weak. their bathroom floor needs sanitized regularly which is great for the steam mop, but I don't want to hold onto the mop just for one tiny bathroom.

Erin&Ben08
Level 14
Level 14

Postby durbaa » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:57 am

Erin&Ben08 wrote:
durbaa wrote:We have the Bona mop and just switch out the cleaners. They have a cleaner for hardwood and one for tile. And I don't know if it's necessary or not, but I use one pad for the tile and one for the hardwood.

I didn't know that! Do you feel like the tile cleaner sanitizes well? We have two boys and their aiming skills are pretty weak. their bathroom floor needs sanitized regularly which is great for the steam mop, but I don't want to hold onto the mop just for one tiny bathroom.

I feel like it does a pretty good job. But I've never had to clean up a big mess with it to know how good. I do really like it though.
~*Ashley*~

http://gettinghitched.weebly.com My DIY bio...a work in progress

durbaa
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Fall 2009

Postby LizAnn » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:19 am

I use my steam mop on both my hardwood and my tile. Maybe it isn't recommended, but it works for us!
LizAnn
Level 9
Level 9

Wedding Date: Spring 2011

Postby Erin&Ben08 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:16 pm

LizAnn wrote:I use my steam mop on both my hardwood and my tile. Maybe it isn't recommended, but it works for us!

That's what I've was doing- but I learned you aren't supposed to use a steam mop on hardwood if its not properly sealed. The finish on our hardwoods is flaking off (it was like that when we bought it) and the steam mop was making it a lot worse.

Erin&Ben08
Level 14
Level 14

Postby jennelled » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:33 pm

Norwex!
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Life Goes On