Cajun Chicken Pasta

Dinner (main courses: pot roast, lasagna etc.)

Cajun Chicken Pasta

Postby bride2009 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:36 am

Cajun Chicken Pasta - Prep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Total: 40 (I totally suck at knowing how long it takes me so give or take some minutes!)

2 Chicken Breast diced or sliced
1 Red Peper sliced
1 Green Pepper sliced
1 Onion sliced
1 Can diced fire roasted tomatoes (undrained)
2 garlic cloves chopped
2 tbs Cajun Spice (I eyeball it, usually)
Olive Oil
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1-3 tbs Cornstarch

Fry diced chicken in olive oil until fully cooked (I sprinkle cajun spice on the chicken while it is cooking). Once chicken is done, remove it from pan and add a little more olive oil and cook peppers, onion, and garlic in letting them blacken a bit (sprinkle the cajun spice on while cooking). Once they are done remove them from the pan. In the same pan, add the tomatoes and stir, scrapping the drippings from the vegetables/chicken, add the heavy whipping cream and let simmer for a few minutes. Add your chicken and vegetables back to the pan and sprinkle the cornstarch in to reach the desired thickness. Again, I eyeball the cajun spice, depends on how spicy you want it.
bride2009
Level 13
Level 13

Wedding Date: Spring 2009

Re: Cajun Chicken Pasta

Postby jennelled » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:05 am

This sounds delicious!
Jennelle: wife to Matt 06.07.08, mom to Audrey Grace 02.05.12, Clara Rose 08.06.14, and Corinne Elise 09.24.17
Image Image Image
jennelled
Level 19
Level 19

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Dinner