BEEF STEW

Dinner (main courses: pot roast, lasagna etc.)

BEEF STEW

Postby ame » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Beef Stew

2lbs of baby carrots, cut in half or thirds.

3 russet potatoes, large, skinned and diced OR a bag of baby creamers, cut into smaller bite sized pieces--
if you like the skin on your potatoes. DH likes the russets.

1 large yellow onion, cut in half, then sliced.

2 cans of beef broth (I buy a 3rd in case.)

1 tsp tarragon

1/2 tsp salt and pepper

1-1 1/2 lbs of stew meat, OR sirloin cut into bite sized pieces

flour

Brown the meat (I cut it down into smaller bites), with the onion slices so both are carmelized a little and
add the salt and pepper. Put the carrots and potatoes on the bottom of the crock pot. Put the tarragon over
the veggies. Add the meat. Add two cans of broth so that there's more liquid for the veggies. I try to make
sure all the veggies are covered. Cook on low all day. Take a small amount of liquid into a measuring cup
or a dish, and mix in some flour til it's a rue, slightly thick pasty liquid. Pour back into the crock pot. Do
this a few times so that you can thicken up the liquid. Then cook on high for about a half hour til the broth
is thicker and less soupy.

Serve with some kind of biscuit or bread.

BudgetFriendly, FreezerFriendly, KidFriendly, LowCalorie, LowFat, PreCook, NoBake, QuickEasy, SlowCooker
Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
ame
Level 18
Level 18

Wedding Date: Summer 2005

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Dinner