Pulled Pork and Potatoes

Dinner (main courses: pot roast, lasagna etc.)

Pulled Pork and Potatoes

Postby ame » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:50 pm

Pulled Pork and Potatoes

4lb Pork Roast, I think I get a shoulder or a loin usually.

Bandanas Dry Rub for ribs or pork

1/2 can - 1 can of Diet Rootbeer (or diet coke, whatever)

BBQ sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray's or Bandana's Chicago Style)

4 Baked Potatoes--I buy the ones that come in the saran wrap that are individually wrapped for microwaving bec I am fAcking lazy.

In the night before you plan to make it. Put the roast in a big dish you can cover with saran wrap at night, and put the rub all over the meat. Put it in the fridge overnight in the dish that's covered. In the morning put it fat side up in the crock pot. Pour in 1/2 can of the soda (I sometimes do the full thing bec I am not paying attention) and sprinkle a little more dry rub into the liquid. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. When you get home turn that off, and pull the meat out into a big bowl. Shred it all up. I set like half of the meat aside for other meals, like enchiladas or tacos in a different container in the freezer. Then I sauce the other half of it. Nuke the potatoes. Cut the cooked potatoes in half, spray with that spray butter and kind of smoosh a little with a fork to break it up. Spoon some pork on each half. NOM.

I admit that's not exactly a recipe, but it's good.

BudgetFriendly, FreezerFriendly, GlutenFriendly, PreCook, NoBake, QuickEasy, SlowCooker
Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
ame
Level 18
Level 18

Wedding Date: Summer 2005

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Dinner