Panko Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce.

Dinner (main courses: pot roast, lasagna etc.)

Postby ame » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:46 pm

1lb of raw chicken breasts, boneless/skinless (I like the "Just Bare" brand)
1 small container of buttermilk (like the size if container you would get in a school lunch)
1 box of Progresso Panko Breadcrumbs, Italian Flavor--I find them at Dierbergs most often
4tbsp fat free or light sour cream
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 cup of chicken broth
1 tsp tarragon

Dunk the raw chicken in the buttermilk, then coat in the Panko. Place into a greased pyrex dish (like, pam
kind of grease). I use a 9x13 since I buy big chicken breastses. Probably more than 1lb even sometimes.
Bake those for about 23ish minutes at 400. I usually take them out at 22 and cut them to see if they're
cooked and then add 5 if they're not. While those are baking, put the broth, mustard, sour cream and
tarragon in a small saucepan and whisk together til smooth and blended. It will be slightly thin. Heat to
boiling and whisk so it doesn't scorch. Turn down heat to low and stir occasionally. I usually don't start
this til the chicken has been in the oven for at least 10ish minutes--though to be totally honest--not til
the chicken is actually out of the oven.

I serve this with usually steamed broccoli (i buy those microwave steam things) and sometimes with pasta
roni garlic and olive oil angel hair. I put the sauce on the chicken and over the broccoli.

This came from a Heart Association and Diabetic Cookbook. And it's fAcking awesome.

BudgetFriendly, KidFriendly, LowCalorie, LowCarb, LowFat, LowSodium, QuickEasy
Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
ame
Level 18
Level 18

Wedding Date: Summer 2005

Re: Panko Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce.

Postby meps413 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:03 am

I made this earlier this week. It was really good! I used Greek yogurt instead if sour cream. The sauce stayed thin, but it was still really tasty! MH raved about it, which is awesome because we are both notoriously bad at making chicken.
Mary & Martin 9.25.2010

meps413
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Fall 2010

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Dinner