(from BHG)

Ingredients
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon apple pie spice or ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 17 ounce can sweet potatoes, drained (about 1 cup)
1 beaten egg
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup fruit jam or preserves (such as plum, strawberry, peach, or apricot)
1/4 cup cooking oil

Directions
1. Lightly grease twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups; set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, apple pie spice, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
3. In another bowl mash the drained sweet potatoes with a fork. Stir in egg, milk, jam, and oil. Add sweet potato mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Cool slightly. Drizzle muffins with Jam Icing (You can find the Jam Icing recipe on the website) and, if desired, top with additional jam or preserves. Makes 12 muffins.

I've made these with my kids at school before and they are always a big hit!

KidFriendly
J.L.F. + J.W.H.

_~*My Blog*~_

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXCfO71/]
[/url]
Phlpns314JLF
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Spring 2009

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Breakfast