1 large egg
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp cinnamon

STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Clean the peaches and cut them into chunks. Place the peaches and blueberries in the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish coated with non-stick spray.

STEP 2: In one bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (milk, yogurt, egg, sugar). In a separate bowl, stir together the dry ingredients (oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon). Combine the two bowls and stir until evenly mixed. Pour the mixture over the fruit in the baking dish.

STEP 3: Cover the dish with foil (to keep the moisture in and steam the oats) and place in the preheated oven. Cook for 20 minutes. Remove the foil at 20 minutes and continue to bake until the top is golden brown (about 25 minutes more).

STEP 4: Serve warm with cold milk, whipped cream, vanilla yogurt or just plain!
This dish can be refrigerated and eaten either hot or cold throughout the week.
ImageImage

ImageImage
mrs.shea
Level 17
Level 17

Wedding Date: Spring 2007

Re: Baked Oatmeal

Postby nfraz1402 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:32 pm

omg, this sounds delicious! must make immediately! :yes:

question: have you ever used frozen fruit?

nicky
Image Image Image

nfraz1402
Level 11
Level 11

Location: living in St. Louis, Mo - wedding in St. Charles, Mo
Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Postby mrs.shea » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:35 pm

I think I did...I was thinking that when I posted it. I keep a huge bag of frozen peaches, strawberries and mango around all the time and I'm thinking that's what I used (I think I picked out the mango though and just did peaches/strawberries). I would thaw it first and drain off the juice.
ImageImage

ImageImage
mrs.shea
Level 17
Level 17

Postby nfraz1402 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:44 pm

awesome. thanks! :good:

nicky
Image Image Image

nfraz1402
Level 11
Level 11

Postby mrs.shea » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:48 pm

mrs.shea wrote:I think I did...I was thinking that when I posted it. I keep a huge bag of frozen peaches, strawberries and mango around all the time and I'm thinking that's what I used (I think I picked out the mango though and just did peaches/strawberries). I would thaw it first and drain off the juice.

Could I have thought about this any more? lol...how many times can I say I think/thinking!
ImageImage

ImageImage
mrs.shea
Level 17
Level 17

Postby nfraz1402 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:12 pm

mrs.shea wrote:
mrs.shea wrote:I think I did...I was thinking that when I posted it. I keep a huge bag of frozen peaches, strawberries and mango around all the time and I'm thinking that's what I used (I think I picked out the mango though and just did peaches/strawberries). I would thaw it first and drain off the juice.

Could I have thought about this any more? lol...how many times can I say I think/thinking!

lol, it's ok. i didn't even notice! it read just fine :)

nicky
Image Image Image

nfraz1402
Level 11
Level 11

Postby mshrdlicka » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:37 am

Made this-this weekend and it was great! Even though I forgot to mix in the brown sugar and had to sprinkle on top instead ;)

Maureen and Phil ~ 11-29-08
Kieran Robert ~ 7-26-11
Patrick Lennon ~ 12-11-13
Brendan Lyle ~ 12-11-13
mshrdlicka
Level 11
Level 11

Wedding Date: Fall 2008

Postby MrsChad » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:49 pm

I made this today and it was fantastic! I didn't have foil, peaches or enough brown sugar so I did change things a bit. I used vanilla yogurt instead of brown sugar to make up for the missing sweetness. Instead of peaches I did mangos. Since my mangos and blueberries were frozen, I defrosted them and then used the juice as well. The little brown sugar I had, I sprinkled over the top and then baked it for 40 minutes straight without foil. It was like eating cobbler for breakfast. We will be eating this frequently!
Mindy
ImageImage
ImageImage
MrsChad
Level 16
Level 16

Wedding Date: Summer 2007

Postby Carrie » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:23 pm

I've been meaning to reply to this thread for months, but I LOVE this and eat it for breakfast almost every day (heated in microwave).

I often use frozen or canned peaches and frozen blueberries (rinse and use a paper towel to wring-out the blueberries or your oatmeal will turn blue!), especially since it's winter. I also add 2 more ounces of yogurt (I prefer it more moist), double the cinnamon and throw in some slice almonds. Love it!!
Carrie
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Fall 2007

Postby mrs.shea » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:19 pm

Carrie wrote:I've been meaning to reply to this thread for months, but I LOVE this and eat it for breakfast almost every day (heated in microwave).

I often use frozen or canned peaches and frozen blueberries (rinse and use a paper towel to wring-out the blueberries or your oatmeal will turn blue!), especially since it's winter. I also add 2 more ounces of yogurt (I prefer it more moist), double the cinnamon and throw in some slice almonds. Love it!!

:good: I've been meaning to make some of this all winter!
ImageImage

ImageImage
mrs.shea
Level 17
Level 17

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Breakfast