1/11

Share your favorite recipes here

1/11

Postby MrsChad » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:36 am

Holidays (and moving for me) craziness is over, so it is time to get back to the meal plans!

Sunday - taco soup & green salad, grapes
Monday - cauliflower crust ham & cheese stromboli, roasted broccoli, pineapple
Tuesday - roasted chicken, spaghetti squash augratin, green salad, oranges
Wednesday - steak & veggie stirfry over rice with cashews, raisins
Thursday - avocado tuna salad, roasted carrots, homemade mac N cheese, apple slices
Friday - carrot soup, green salad, garlic & herb flat bread, grapes
Saturday - slow cooker cilantro chicken, sauteed peppers, corn salad, pineapple
Mindy
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
MrsChad
Level 16
Level 16
 
Posts: 6494
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:23 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Wedding Date: Summer 2007

Re: 1/11

Postby lovemyweenies » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:57 pm

MrsChad wrote:Holidays (and moving for me) craziness is over, so it is time to get back to the meal plans!

Sunday - taco soup & green salad, grapes
Monday - cauliflower crust ham & cheese stromboli, roasted broccoli, pineapple
Tuesday - roasted chicken, spaghetti squash augratin, green salad, oranges
Wednesday - steak & veggie stirfry over rice with cashews, raisins
Thursday - avocado tuna salad, roasted carrots, homemade mac N cheese, apple slices
Friday - carrot soup, green salad, garlic & herb flat bread, grapes
Saturday - slow cooker cilantro chicken, sauteed peppers, corn salad, pineapple



Can I just say that you post this every week and every week I think to myself, "wow, I wish I could go to her house for dinner this week." Sounds super yummy!
Image
ImageImageImage

Image Image
User avatar
lovemyweenies
Level 14
Level 14
 
Posts: 3800
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:30 pm
Location: O'Fallon
Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Re: 1/11

Postby MrsChad » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:33 pm

lovemyweenies wrote:
MrsChad wrote:Holidays (and moving for me) craziness is over, so it is time to get back to the meal plans!

Sunday - taco soup & green salad, grapes
Monday - cauliflower crust ham & cheese stromboli, roasted broccoli, pineapple
Tuesday - roasted chicken, spaghetti squash augratin, green salad, oranges
Wednesday - steak & veggie stirfry over rice with cashews, raisins
Thursday - avocado tuna salad, roasted carrots, homemade mac N cheese, apple slices
Friday - carrot soup, green salad, garlic & herb flat bread, grapes
Saturday - slow cooker cilantro chicken, sauteed peppers, corn salad, pineapple



Can I just say that you post this every week and every week I think to myself, "wow, I wish I could go to her house for dinner this week." Sounds super yummy!


LOL. Thanks! I'm glad it sounds tasty to others. My husband always approves, but the girls typically grumble. When I read it aloud to myself, all that comes to mind is my mom reading the school lunch menu growing up. Strange, I know. :laughing:
Mindy
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
MrsChad
Level 16
Level 16
 
Posts: 6494
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:23 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Wedding Date: Summer 2007

Re: 1/11

Postby lurinmichelle » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:33 am

Sunday- was supposed to be leftover roast (with potatoes, carrots, mushrooms) but I ended up eating chicken broth due to being sick
Monday- Chicken and spinach wraps with fruit salad
Tuesday- Homemade pizza with side salad
Wednesday- ? Not sure yet. It's DH's bday and we were supposed to go out, but we may just order some sushi to bring home because I'll probably be working late
Thursday- Sausage and pepper bake
Friday- Caprese Lasagna with side salad
Saturday- Out for my holiday party
lurinmichelle
Level 10
Level 10
 
Posts: 1205
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:15 pm
Wedding Date: Spring 2010

Re: 1/11

Postby tiffanyandtoddmay3108 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:07 am

lovemyweenies wrote:
MrsChad wrote:Holidays (and moving for me) craziness is over, so it is time to get back to the meal plans!

Sunday - taco soup & green salad, grapes
Monday - cauliflower crust ham & cheese stromboli, roasted broccoli, pineapple
Tuesday - roasted chicken, spaghetti squash augratin, green salad, oranges
Wednesday - steak & veggie stirfry over rice with cashews, raisins
Thursday - avocado tuna salad, roasted carrots, homemade mac N cheese, apple slices
Friday - carrot soup, green salad, garlic & herb flat bread, grapes
Saturday - slow cooker cilantro chicken, sauteed peppers, corn salad, pineapple



Can I just say that you post this every week and every week I think to myself, "wow, I wish I could go to her house for dinner this week." Sounds super yummy!


ditto this!!!
Image

Image
User avatar
tiffanyandtoddmay3108
Level 13
Level 13
 
Posts: 3487
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:10 am
Location: St. Louis
Wedding Date: Spring 2008

Re: 1/11

Postby tiffanyandtoddmay3108 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:10 am

Sunday- Honey Soy Salmon, Baked Sweet Potato (used Crockpot for these for first time and they were awesome), Mixed veggies
M- Salsa Chicken Lettuce Wraps, Black beans, corn
T- Meatloaf, mashed sweet potatoes, corn
W- Sweet potato, chicken, quinoa, and black bean soup/chili, corn bread
T- breakfast
F- Leftovers
S- out
Image

Image
User avatar
tiffanyandtoddmay3108
Level 13
Level 13
 
Posts: 3487
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:10 am
Location: St. Louis
Wedding Date: Spring 2008

Re: 1/11

Postby mrs.shea » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:06 am

tiffanyandtoddmay3108 wrote:W- Sweet potato, chicken, quinoa, and black bean soup/chili, corn bread


I think I have this recipe saved but haven't tried it yet. Have you made it before? I'm worried my family won't eat it!
ImageImage

ImageImage
User avatar
mrs.shea
Level 17
Level 17
 
Posts: 9317
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:24 pm
Wedding Date: Spring 2007

Re: 1/11

Postby mrs.shea » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:15 am

I'm trying to use up some stuff in the freezer...not too inventive this week!

Sat/Sun - we were out of town
Mon - Trader Joe's BBQ Teriyaki Chicken, brown rice, broccoli.
Tues - Lemon Butter Chicken, spaghetti noodles, green beans and carrots
Wed - Slow Cooker Chili, cornbread. I have no idea where you get the slow cooker beans/seasonings the recipe calls for so I'm using my own canned beans and seasoning.
Thurs - Salmon, baked potatoes, mixed vegetables
Fri - Baked Chicken Nuggets, boxed mac & cheese, some kind of veggie
ImageImage

ImageImage
User avatar
mrs.shea
Level 17
Level 17
 
Posts: 9317
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:24 pm
Wedding Date: Spring 2007

Re: 1/11

Postby mrs.shea » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:16 am

MrsChad wrote:Monday - cauliflower crust ham & cheese stromboli, roasted broccoli, pineapple


How is the cauliflower crust? I've been wanting to try that for a long time. Can you share the recipe you use?
ImageImage

ImageImage
User avatar
mrs.shea
Level 17
Level 17
 
Posts: 9317
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:24 pm
Wedding Date: Spring 2007

Re: 1/11

Postby tiffanyandtoddmay3108 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:05 am

mrs.shea wrote:
tiffanyandtoddmay3108 wrote:W- Sweet potato, chicken, quinoa, and black bean soup/chili, corn bread


I think I have this recipe saved but haven't tried it yet. Have you made it before? I'm worried my family won't eat it!


I got my recipe from pinterest and had thought about trying it for a while now. I made it over the weekend on Saturday and everyone like it a lot! It made tons though and we have enough for dinner one night this week and maybe some still leftover. I like that it's a crockpot meal that pretty clean/unprocessed.
Image

Image
User avatar
tiffanyandtoddmay3108
Level 13
Level 13
 
Posts: 3487
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:10 am
Location: St. Louis
Wedding Date: Spring 2008

Re: 1/11

Postby durbaa » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:19 pm

mrs.shea wrote:Fri - Baked Chicken Nuggets, boxed mac & cheese, some kind of veggie


I've made these before with the onion rings from the same site and they were awesome!
~*Ashley*~

Image

http://gettinghitched.weebly.com My DIY bio...a work in progress

Image
User avatar
durbaa
Level 10
Level 10
 
Posts: 1410
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:10 pm
Location: Wentzville, Missouri
Wedding Date: Fall 2009


Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to What's Cooking

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests