Brunch

Share your favorite recipes here

Brunch

Postby MPIII » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:09 pm

I am hosting a brunch baby shower the end of next month and wanted to see if you ladies had any fabulous recipes? I've pinned a few on pinterest, but I like to get recs from people who have actually made/eaten the food before. Thanks!

MPIII
Level 9
Level 9

Wedding Date: Summer 2007

Re: Brunch

Postby Stl08bride » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:51 am

I co-hosted a brunch for my SIL's baby shower, as well. We made this Ham Asparagus Strata and it was delicious! I have made it several times since then, as well. I didn't/don't add the whole eggs on top, though, and have found that in doing that, I need more than 4 eggs to get the strata wet enough before baking. I just eyeball it.

For the shower, we also made french toast kabobs. I'm sure you've seen those on pinterest. We also had homemade granola and toppings, for a Make Your Own Parfait Bar. I can't remember what else; it was quite awhile ago. But I highly rec'd that strata recipe!
ImageImage
Stl08bride
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Spring 2008

Postby mrs.t2be » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:17 am

This is my families new favorite french toast recipe. http://thedutchdoorkitchen.blogspot.com/2012/01/brown-sugar-crusted-baked-french-toast.html

Instead of spreading the mixture on each piece, i just pour it into the bottom of a baking dish & place the toast on top. It might be too messy for the brunch. However, you should make it sometime b/c it's delish especially with bread co's raisin bread.
Mommy to Annabella Nicole & Garrett William

mrs.t2be
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Fall 2007

Postby Suzn18 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:15 pm

Do you have a trifle dish? Those make some beautiful centerpieces with delicious recipes.
Suzn18
Level 13
Level 13

Wedding Date: Spring 2009

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to What's Cooking