Pew Bows

If you create a cool do it yourself project and would like to share your templates/instructions. This is the place. (as always no posting of copyrighted material - original creations only)

Pew Bows

Postby Mary K » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:44 am

After experimenting with several different styles and adding tulle, flowers, etc., I finally decided on pew bows that I am happy with. I only got three of them done last night, but since I have until October to make them I should be more than OK on time. :)
pew bow.jpg
pew bows.jpg

In the end I decided the simpler the better. :)

(FI bought me the "Bowdabra" last week at Michaels and it really helps to keep the ribbon in place.)
Image Image
Mary K
Level 13
Level 13

Wedding Date: Fall 2009

Re: Pew Bows

Postby 1977lindsay » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:55 pm

those are beautiful! what color are those, white or ivory?
Lindsay and Michael sitt'n in a tree...
04/10/10
1977lindsay
Level 5
Level 5

Wedding Date: Spring 2010

Postby Mary K » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:43 am

I used ivory tulle and antique white ribbon so they're very light ivory. I just made my last few yesterday after church when I recounted the pews and realized I needed 4 more for a total of 22 (I'm putting them on every other pew).

I'm very glad to be all finished. :)
Image Image
Mary K
Level 13
Level 13

Postby leslin1115 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:42 pm

Very nice! I did pew bows too, and I just wanted to let you know that you can order pew bow clips from Oriental Trading for less than they cost at Michaels. Good luck finishing all those bows!
leslin1115
Level 1
Level 1

Wedding Date: Fall 2008

Postby Mary K » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am

I ended up getting the clips from Hobby Lobby. The clips at Michaels didn't fit the pews at my church, but luckily the ones from HL did. They are 12 in a bag for $10, but you can use a coupon or wait until they go on sale. Not sure how that matches up with Oriental Trading's prices, but I do have to say that we were very happy with the few things we did order from them so I would feel confident ordering from there too.
Image Image
Mary K
Level 13
Level 13

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to DIY