DIY cake???

If you create a cool do it yourself project and would like to share your templates/instructions. This is the place. (as always no posting of copyrighted material - original creations only)

DIY cake???

Postby kch9fb » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:41 pm

After a quote of $238 to make a cake that feeds 68 people.... I'm seriously considering making it myself.

How hard is it to make just a two tier cake? I don't even want fancy decorating so icing it doesn't bother me in the least, I just don't want it to fall.

Has anyone else done this? Any tips?

Here's what I want (except 2 tiers only and without the flowers):
"It's not so important where we stand, but the direction in which we are moving" - Goethe

http://dbltru.blogspot.com
kch9fb
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Fall 2009

Re: DIY cake???

Postby smm265 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:00 pm

wow, that is very pretty.

i would see if there anyone in your family that is into baking? i have a aunt that bakes DAILY. and she can make anything! she is going to make our wedding cake and the one she did before for my sisters wedding was BEAUTIFUL.
smm265
Level 5
Level 5

Wedding Date: Spring 2010

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to DIY