question...about DYI real flower bouquets

If you create a cool do it yourself project and would like to share your templates/instructions. This is the place. (as always no posting of copyrighted material - original creations only)

question...about DYI real flower bouquets

Postby 1977lindsay » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:18 am

So, I'm not sure...do I make my own bouquets? How far in advance can I make them, if I have a large enough fridge? Are there cheaper flower websites, or has anyone shopped at Soulard?

I've got an independant florist and this is what she is charging...

Mine: $150
BM: $50/per
His bout: $ 12
GM bout/ushers, etc.: $6/per
Coursages: $12/per

We are using roses as the main flower. I know that I will need flower peddles, I thought about buying them in bulk...

Any suggestions ladies???

Thanks a bunch!
Lindsay and Michael sitt'n in a tree...
04/10/10
1977lindsay
Level 5
Level 5

Wedding Date: Spring 2010

Re: question...about DYI real flower bouquets

Postby Phlpns314JLF » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:24 pm

As far as I know, my florist (a friend of my mom's who used to be a pastor) is making my bouquets either Thursday night or Friday afternoon for pick up onSaturday at 10...
J.L.F. + J.W.H.

_~*My Blog*~_

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXCfO71/]
[/url]
Phlpns314JLF
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Spring 2009

Re: question...about DYI real flower bouquets

Postby nzbridetobe » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:11 am

Hi~

I'm studying floristry and doing all my own flowers for the wedding. Yeah, I know big job...ha ha!

Roses area a good choice - they're hardy and easy to work with. There are several types of bouquets you can make, but the easiest would be simple hand tied variety. You could easily make the bouquets the day before the wedding, put them in water and then ribbon wrap them the next day. The tricky bit are the corsages and bouts. They need to be done the day of the wedding as they will have no water source. Yes, you can make them the night before, and keep them cool and they'll 'probably' be okay, but to be on the safe side I'd do them the morning of.

Be careful with the fridge...normal fridges aren't the same as florist fridges and can dehydrate flowers big time.

My plan of attack for my wedding....
1-2 days before - make floral centerpieces and isle decorations (they'll be in hidden floral foam, so I can do this way before the wedding and they'll be sweet)
night before the wedding - make my bouquet, my MOH, and the mother's small bouquets
Day of the wedding - grandma corsages (women's corsages take time...easier option is to give them small hand held bouquet), all the mens bouts...there's a lot of them.

I've got another florist helping me, so should be all good - hopefully I won't be too stressed. I've done several weddings before so if you have questions PM me.
nzbridetobe
Level 2
Level 2

Wedding Date: Spring 2009

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to DIY