Engagement Party Invites

If you create a cool do it yourself project and would like to share your templates/instructions. This is the place. (as always no posting of copyrighted material - original creations only)

Engagement Party Invites

Postby ogw2009 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:42 pm

I wasn't really seeing anything that completely caught my eye at the stores and so I decided to take a stab at doing my own invites for the engagement party. Man, it has been a lot of work for something that seemed so simple! I will now have to really think about any other DIY wedding projects! Anyways, we used vistaprints to order postcards that I designed with some pics from us in Hawaii where we just got engaged. I then assembled stickers on them to create something that's supposed to look like an engagement ring-- it's really just a silver sparkly O or 0 from an alphabet pack and then I stuck a jewel thing on it. I had to cut the postcards down in size and then clued them on some metallic cardstock. I then just printed out the invite information and glued on the back. I think they turned out good considering I didn't have a ton of time to mess with them...but I'm just super picky and feel like they could have turned out a little better...oh well, it tells people to come party and that's what matters!
Attachments
Invite back2.JPG
Back of invites
Silver metallic.jpg
Front side- silver metallic
Purple metallic.jpg
Front side- purple metallic
ogw2009
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Fall 2009

Re: Engagement Party Invites

Postby admin » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:29 pm

Looking good - I agree that it's easy to under estimate the time/effort required of any DIY project. My house is full of UFO's un-finished objects (both wedding related and non wedding related). :dontknow:
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to DIY