J. Crew bridesmaid dresses and a ?, XP

A place for St. Louis Brides & Grooms to brainstorm about their weddings

J. Crew bridesmaid dresses and a ?, XP

Postby bride.no.longer » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:09 pm

I know someone on here has either ordered for their BMs or worn J. Crew bridesmaid dresses. I just ordered some today (Kylie, Nadia, Arabelle in dark eggplant) for my SIL's wedding. Just wondering if you can speak to the quality and fit of dressees. Were they pretty true to size? I saw one horror story in the reviews about how the zipper just randomly broke at an event :blush: so that makes me a little nervous....We have less than 11 weeks till the wedding so the options are VERY limited.

Anyone know of anywhere that has cute, long, chiffon, plum dresses? Doesn't have to be bridesmaidy, and can't really be from a bridal store due to time crunch. We've already looked at Ann Taylor, J. Crew, White House Black Market, Macy's, Nordstrom, Saks, NM, Dillards, Anthro, ModCloth.

Thanks!!

Carla & Nate
bride.no.longer
Level 8
Level 8

Wedding Date: Fall 2006

Re: J. Crew bridesmaid dresses and a ?, XP

Postby Suzn18 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:17 am

Did you end up finding anything? I don't know about J Crew dresses but I love that brand!
Suzn18
Level 13
Level 13

Wedding Date: Spring 2009

Re: J. Crew bridesmaid dresses and a ?, XP

Postby kdb554 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:15 pm

I wore a bridesmaid dress from J Crew for a wedding. The quality was great and the fit was pretty standard I felt like (for normal dresses). I didn't have any wardrobe malfunctions. :laughing:
Kim & Dan 10.9.10

kdb554
Level 9
Level 9

Wedding Date: Fall 2010

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to General Wedding Talk