Two questions: Arndt Photo & need a SoCo reh. dinner loc.

A place for St. Louis Brides & Grooms to brainstorm about their weddings

Two questions: Arndt Photo & need a SoCo reh. dinner loc.

Postby stage_manager » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:48 pm

Hi ladies!

My brother is engaged (Yay!) and they are getting married next August. Ceremony is at her church in Festus and reception will be at Tapawingo. We are looking for a rehearsal dinner place somewhere in that area or at least within 30 minutes of Festus. Want it to be inside and have room for like 50 people, potentially.

They're also looking at photographers and sent a link to Arndt Photography. Has anyone used them before? I'd love to have feedback from a real bride! If not, can you recommend a photographer who is great at capturing the day through photojournalistic-type shots but also is not a pain in the butt about doing posed shots that are not cheezy or uncomfortable?

Thanks ladies!
stage_manager
Level 8
Level 8

Wedding Date: Winter 2004/2005

Re: Two questions: Arndt Photo & need a SoCo reh. dinner loc.

Postby AshleyH » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:57 am

I've heard of Arndt, but I'm not sure in what context (super helpful, huh?). We used Oldani Photography and loved loved loved them. Their pricing has increased significantly since we booked them (back in 2012 - they had very little wedding experience but I loved what experience they did have, so we booked them!) and I know they're pretty booked for next year, but they were rockstars and I'd definitely recommend contacting them.

My MOH who just got engaged is already planning on booking them for her 2016 wedding and our other bridal party members also expressed interest in booking them when the time comes. We did some posed formal pictures (which they're incredibly talented at), and some looser posed pictures (ie in the middle of wash ave) but mostly they just let us do our thing and then shot while providing minimal guidance (ie, stand over here vs "stand here, put your hand here, look this way, etc, etc, etc). my favorite pictures of the day are the ones where they just captured us candidly - me hugging my bridesmaids once we were all dressed, DH and I running into the reception, my dad and I seeing one another for the first time, etc.

They are absolutely lovely people, as well. They're a husband and wife team so they work well together, and are so friendly and funny. They felt way more like friends than photographers on the wedding day, which is exactly what we wanted.
AshleyH
Level 12
Level 12

Wedding Date: Summer 2014

Re: Two questions: Arndt Photo & need a SoCo reh. dinner loc.

Postby racheriffic » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:13 pm

I think wedding photography is so so so important. It's also a huge expense and can eat up a huge chunk of a budget. I used a photographer that I liked, but looking back, wish I would have spent significantly yes. Some up and coming photographers are extremely affordable and offer wonderful prints. One company I know that is relatively new is R Cubed Images (look them up on facebook!) They are located in Fenton and have GREAT pictures on facebook. Another photographer is Crystal Kosednar photography (http://www.crystalkosednarphotography.com/) She did our maternity pictures and newborn pictures and has great talent!!
racheriffic
Level 6
Level 6

Wedding Date: Fall 2011

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to General Wedding Talk