bachlorette party places?

A place for St. Louis Brides & Grooms to brainstorm about their weddings

bachlorette party places?

Postby AshleyH » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:15 pm

My friends are all planning my bachlorette party in St. Louis and are at a loss because apparently a lot of new stuff has opened lately and things change and...none of us live there anymore. Can anyone help us?

So, what we know: we want a going out/bar/drinking time that isn't too douchey or weird. We're all former Mizzou sorority girls so we like to get silly, but...we're also grownups who don't necessarily want to be hit on my dudes with frosted tips and spray tans (hi, I live in New Jersey. I can get that anywhere).

It'll be the night of my shower in April, so cool patios are basically out.

We will be going to Bailey's for dinner/cocktails to start the evening because we're all obsessed, but don't want/need to stay in Lafeyette Square. Definitely open to downtown. We're a little worried because the Cardinals are in town and playing the cubs that weekend, so I'm not sure if the new ballpark village would be fun or terrible. Soulard would be fun but I think it's a little more casual than what we want.The Landing is the last place I will go because that place is terrible (unless someone can convince me it's changed drastically in 7 months).

Help?

Edit: I just realized I basically ruled out every bar area in St. Louis. But if anyone has any suggestions of new/fun places...that would be nice.
AshleyH
Level 12
Level 12

Wedding Date: Summer 2014

Re: bachlorette party places?

Postby LizAnn » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:59 pm

Hmm... If it were me, I would probably embrace the Cardinals and go to Ballpark village.

But if you are looking for something different, a new place just opened in the basement of Moulin called the 21st Amendment bar. A couple of my friends went and thought it was really cool. I have yet to go though, so I am just throwing it out there. I think it is very beer heavy, less girly drinks, if that matters. Here is a link to an article about it: http://www.feaststl.com/the-feed/articl ... b2370.html

Bachelorette parties can be hard! You could also do Washington Ave. I know we did that for a few and it was fun, although that was a LONG time ago.
LizAnn
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Spring 2011

Postby MelJim05 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:06 pm

I just went to a bachelorette party done on main st in st Charles. We had a great time there.

Kylie 10-26-06
Kamryn 2-10-12
MelJim05
Level 6
Level 6

Wedding Date: Spring 2005

Postby arfive35 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:42 am

You crack me up Ashley!
Lumiere, 360, 4 seasons bar? We had my bach party 5 years ago, but we did some places on wash ave that were cool, and ended up at lumiere. I agree the landing blows. I def get the feeling that ballpark village is fun. I was just at moulin and saw that new place, looks cool. Good luck, I'm so out of touch with the nightlife scene as well!
arfive35
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Fall 2008

Postby mrs.t2be » Mon May 12, 2014 2:20 pm

I agree with trying out ballpark village!!
Mommy to Annabella Nicole & Garrett William

mrs.t2be
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Fall 2007

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to General Wedding Talk