bridal shower alternatives

A place for St. Louis Brides & Grooms to brainstorm about their weddings

bridal shower alternatives

Postby jbak86 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:11 pm

I'm getting a sister in law in April! Unfortunately, she and my brother in law live a few states away. She won't be back before the wedding and it's a destination wedding.

I don't want her to feel like we are forgetting her but I'm really not sure what to do. Has anyone experienced a situation like this? Any suggestions?? Thanks!
jbak86
Level 7
Level 7

Wedding Date: Spring 2010

Re: bridal shower alternatives

Postby Stl08bride » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:57 pm

I'm assuming she'll have showers or something from her family/friends back home? I think it's really nice that you want to do something for her. When my dad got remarried, my future stepmom had been in the picture, and in our family, for several years and I wanted to do something for her. They were older obviously and it wasn't either of their first marriages, though, so I didn't want to host a shower or anything. I sent a letter to all her family and friends asking for recipes to compile to give her. I also mentioned that I would be putting together a cooking themed basket to put the homemade recipe book in, when I gave it to her, if they would like to contribute a gift or put money towards. Everyone sent me cash with their recipe and I was able to get a really nice picnic basket that I filled with some kitchen stuff I knew they didn't have plus a restaurant gift certificate. She loved the gift and it meant a lot to her to have a collection of everyone's favorite recipes. Maybe you could do something similar, from just the people she doesn't live near.
ImageImage
Stl08bride
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Spring 2008

Re: bridal shower alternatives

Postby stlcop10 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:28 pm

I really like PP's idea of a gift basket with some personal touches. I did something similar for a friend's shower, we made a cookbook from family recipes and it was a big hit. Being able to make Great Aunt Betsy's cheesecake is like ultimate comfort food! :laughing:
"The space between the tears we cry is the laughter keeps us coming back for more..."

http://findthespacebetweenthetears.blogspot.com/

stlcop10
Level 13
Level 13

Wedding Date: Fall 2010

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to General Wedding Talk