Batchelorette Party Ideas Needed

A place for St. Louis Brides & Grooms to brainstorm about their weddings

Batchelorette Party Ideas Needed

Postby tms4341 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:25 pm

Hello!
I'm MOH planning a batchelorette party in STL. The Bride went to grad school there but no longer lives in MO. However, she is familiar w STL. It's going to be a Fri-Sun weekend in March 2014. Many girls are from out of town, some have been to STL and some have not. Bride had an idea for a wine bar, she loves wine but I'm struggling with what to do and where to do it! I figure if I can nail down a spot, I might have better luck figuring out where to do in the evenings for drinks and fun. Have seen a suggestion of the Burlesque bar, Jupiter - has anyone done this or been there? Trying not to do a bunch of things that she's already done while she lived in STL. Also, would like ideas on maybe a champaigne/breakfast place for Sat morning. PLUS, what do I do with these girls on Saturday??? It's a huge party - she's having me invite 20-some girls. True, I'm sure not all will make it.
I've been to STL a few times when the Bride lived there to visit but I'm not very familiar with the city.
Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!
Thanks!
tms4341
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Batchelorette Party Ideas Needed

Postby Phlpns314JLF » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:39 pm

What about partying it up on Friday somewhere, then taking a party bus to the wineries in Hermann and stay overnight there? I"m not one for partying, so I have no idea where to go on that front. Sorry! Good luck!
J.L.F. + J.W.H.

_~*My Blog*~_

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXCfO71/]
[/url]
Phlpns314JLF
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Spring 2009

Postby Pamela41208 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:00 am

There's a really nice wine bar in Webster groves called robust. Call ahead for a large party to see if the can accommodate your party. Then I'd have a bus pick you up and take you somewhere fun. (Since there will be so many, I doubt girls will balk at the costs.) be sure to have lots of fun drinks for the ride.

FYI- there was a Jumping Jupiter in maple wood but it's closed now. There's another place off Washington Ave that does burlesque but the name is escaping me...

Saturday, I'd let people recover! What part of town is everyone staying? I'd grab brunch somewhere and girls can drink there if they want.

OR.... I'd do a low key night Friday and a wild night with a party bus Saturday!

STOP! What about having all the girls take a pole fit class at FitChix in Clayton?! I did that once with a party and it was fun! great workout too. Made me feel less guilty about all the boozy calories.

For my sisters bachelorette party, we took a bus to the Grey Fox for a drag show. That was a blast too!
I like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo t-shirt. It says, "I want to be formal but I'm here to party."

Eleanor Elizabeth * September 29, 2010
end photos by Cheryl M Photography - center photo by me
Pamela41208
Level 16
Level 16

Wedding Date: Spring 2008

Postby Stl08bride » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:53 pm

You might have to get with the other BM's and decide how much each girl should chip in and then work backwards to figure out where you can go and what you can do for that price.
You could stay in on Fri, order pizza or get room service, and just hang out since people will be traveling, coming into town that day. Or go out to a nice dinner. Then brunch Sat morning, go to a spa or get your nails done, then either pizza or room service while you all get ready in your rooms, or go out to eat, then hit up some bars. But I also love the idea of going out Fri night, doing the whole bachelorette bar crawl/lingerie gifts (if she's into that), then hitting up the wineries on Sat. So much of this depends on your budget.

As for brunch places, Half & Half in Clayton, Eau Bistro in the Chase Park Plaza, and Bixby's in the History Museum (although I think that brunch may only be on Sunday, which wouldn't be a bad idea as a last activity before everyone leaves town) are all good.
ImageImage
Stl08bride
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Spring 2008

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to General Wedding Talk