Trigg Banquet Center

A place for St. Louis Brides & Grooms to brainstorm about their weddings

Trigg Banquet Center

Postby wixx2 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Has anyone been to a reception or actually used Trigg's? They seem really nice. How was the food?
wixx2
Level 1
Level 1

Wedding Date: Summer 2013

Re: Trigg Banquet Center

Postby Mary K » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:19 am

I haven't been there myself, but I've heard good things about them from a few different people. I'm sure you could call and set up a meeting/tasting with them. It's a very important (and expensive) decision so I would explore as many of your options as possible. :)
Image Image
Mary K
Level 13
Level 13

Wedding Date: Fall 2009

Postby carolannecoleman » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:18 am

I was at a reception there a few years ago. The room was set up really nice, the staff was super friendly, and the food was REALLY good.
ImageImage
ImageImage
carolannecoleman
Level 7
Level 7

Wedding Date: Fall 2009

Postby umsldz » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:38 am

It's been almost 3 years, but we had our reception there. We looked at several places and chose Trigg due to budget, the large amount of people they could accommodate, and most other place I looked at had very tacky decor. Trigg was good b/c even though they are not what I would have gone w on an unlimited budget, their decor was plain, so I was able to do a lot of DIY projects to spice things up. They happily set up all of the centerpieces I brought in and the easel w seating chart as I wanted it. We got many comments on the how good the food was-they actually use (at least at the time) Cottleville's KC hall for food (we looked at their KC hall for the reception but it was out of our budget). I was completely happy with them except for 1 thing-it is family-owned, and at the time the older man and son ran it. The Older man was awful to work with, while the son was wonderful-the dad made some comments to me as far as a seating chart like why would I want to do one, there's really no need, why would I want to do some of my own centerpieces, etc. I was really upset and annoyed w him, b/c I thought if we're paying for it, why can't I do what I want? The son was very accommodating and understanding. I think he realizes how his father is sometimes and made a comment to me a couple of weeks before the wedding about how his dad can be a bit set in his ways and old-fashioned but that if I needed anything to contact him directly and that they could do whatever we wanted and however we wanted things as far as centerpieces, setting up a seating chart in the foyer, and favors. I don't know if the older man still works there, but if so just know how he is going into it and if you have any issues deal with the son as much as possible.

Angie & Steve
umsldz
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Summer 2009

Postby Andy17 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:24 pm

We had our wedding here this year and at first was very impressed with staff as they helped us meet some of our designs and goals for the wedding as well as the food they put out was delicious. however, later I learned that many of my guests were treated quite rudely by the staff in back, as well as we have received poor response from management after the wedding when collecting our supplies. We had a photobooth and after reviewing the photos I found out other people from a different event had come in and "crashed" our event despite the doors being closed. I had also learned that some of our cake was eaten, our dance floor was taken up, and our bar was taken advantage of. Now this would not have been a problem if we were not paying for these services for our OWN guests but considering we were on a time limit I felt a little ripped off. Not to mention the staff started cleaning up tables (table clothes and all) 15 minutes before the event was officially over. Now given most guests were either leaving or had left by then but I felt like they were trying to rush me out the door by the end of the night.

I'd say 3/5 - good food, good atmosphere, poor communication skills and courtesy
Andy17
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Phlpns314JLF » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:25 pm

My brother and SIL had their reception there almost seven years ago. It was a nice place and the food was delicious. I don't remember being treated rudely as a guest.
J.L.F. + J.W.H.

_~*My Blog*~_

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXCfO71/]
[/url]
Phlpns314JLF
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Spring 2009

Postby Clover315 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:04 pm

My sister had her wedding there 10 years ago or so but I have also recently went to a wedding there in September.

It was really nice. They were the only wedding there that night so had the whole room to themselves. The size of the room is nice because it is very spacious and you don't feel crowded. I don't remember the food very much but I don't remember it being bad.

Also, it seemed like they let you do a lot of customization to your event - they had a photobooth, huge dessert station, custom centerpieces and a specialty cocktail.
Clover315
Level 8
Level 8

Wedding Date: Fall 2010

Postby dbht5 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:56 pm

My brother has his reception there recently. The food was good!
dbht5
Level 8
Level 8

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to General Wedding Talk