Pictures of your dress!

A place for St. Louis Brides & Grooms to brainstorm about their weddings

Re: Pictures of your dress!

Postby stlcop10 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:00 pm

KentuckyBrideinSTL wrote:I have narrowed it down to the final 2 dresses. I am going tomorrow to decide! I have tried them both on before and I love them both SO much, I have no idea how to decide. I am hoping after I just put them on again, it will hit me and I will know.

Here are the links...
http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx ... tyle=A3293

or

http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress. ... le=ASM3158

:)

They're both gorgeous dresses! From the pictures I think I like the first one best, but it's so hard to tell when it's not on someone. Good luck with your decision and definitely let us know what you decide! :good:
"The space between the tears we cry is the laughter keeps us coming back for more..."

http://findthespacebetweenthetears.blogspot.com/

stlcop10
Level 13
Level 13

Wedding Date: Fall 2010

Postby Mary K » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:12 pm

Here are a couple of pics of my dress. One of my favorite things about it was that it wasn't so poofy and the train wasn't too long. The whole dress was so much lighter than any of the others I tried on so I didn't feel like I was dragging around 500 lbs of fabric all day and night.
mary - 118 copy.jpg
m&j - 136 copy.jpg
Image Image
Mary K
Level 13
Level 13

Wedding Date: Fall 2009

Postby LaurenJarred2010 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:47 pm

KentuckyBrideinSTL wrote:I have narrowed it down to the final 2 dresses. I am going tomorrow to decide! I have tried them both on before and I love them both SO much, I have no idea how to decide. I am hoping after I just put them on again, it will hit me and I will know.

Here are the links...
http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx ... tyle=A3293
or
http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress. ... le=ASM3158

:)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first one! The second one is cute too! Have you tried either of them on yet?
Lauren & Jarred
October 16th, 2010

LaurenJarred2010
Level 5
Level 5

Postby KentuckyBrideinSTL » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:30 pm

Yes I had tried both of them on twice about a month ago and I kept looking. Then I realized nothing else I tried on even compared. So I went and tried them on one more time. The first one, I put on and thought yes this is really pretty I like it, the bottom wasn't laying as nice as in the pictures. Then I went to the 2nd store and tried the 2nd one on. As soon as I walked out it just hit me and I started crying..I knew it was THE dress! So I ordered the 2nd one! So happy to have this part done!!!! :)
KentuckyBrideinSTL
Level 2
Level 2

Postby LaurenJarred2010 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:11 pm

KentuckyBrideinSTL wrote:Yes I had tried both of them on twice about a month ago and I kept looking. Then I realized nothing else I tried on even compared. So I went and tried them on one more time. The first one, I put on and thought yes this is really pretty I like it, the bottom wasn't laying as nice as in the pictures. Then I went to the 2nd store and tried the 2nd one on. As soon as I walked out it just hit me and I started crying..I knew it was THE dress! So I ordered the 2nd one! So happy to have this part done!!!! :)

Oh thats awesome! Congratulations!
Lauren & Jarred
October 16th, 2010

LaurenJarred2010
Level 5
Level 5

Postby AScottie » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:18 pm

My dress is the La Sposa Fanal. I have ordered it in off white (the color in the picture is a light gold) and will be adding the Enzoani Diana belt in ivory. So excited!!!! :yahoo:
Attachments
enzoanibelt.jpeg
LaSposa Fanal.jpg
AScottie
Level 6
Level 6

Postby kbishop » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:07 pm

I also ordered from the Las Sposa collection. My dress is Lerida It makes me happy to have this part done :yahoo: .

http//www.splasposa.com/pdf/lasposa807354.pdf
kbishop
Level 1
Level 1

Postby KentuckyBrideinSTL » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:04 pm

AScottie wrote:My dress is the La Sposa Fanal. I have ordered it in off white (the color in the picture is a light gold) and will be adding the Enzoani Diana belt in ivory. So excited!!!! :yahoo:

Verrrrry pretty dress!!!! :)
KentuckyBrideinSTL
Level 2
Level 2

Postby Clover315 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:04 pm

AScottie wrote:My dress is the La Sposa Fanal. I have ordered it in off white (the color in the picture is a light gold) and will be adding the Enzoani Diana belt in ivory. So excited!!!! :yahoo:

LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress and the belt! It's going to look amazing together!
Clover315
Level 8
Level 8

Postby lizylindz » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:40 pm

I love your dress! The belt will look wonderful with it! I also wore a La Sposa gown.
lizylindz
Level 6
Level 6

Wedding Date: Fall 2009

Postby jdoublem » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:58 pm

HOLY SMOKES! I went in to buy one dress. Already had it decided. Just needed to be sized. Walked out with a completely differnet one!!

I cant figure out how to attach it so here is the link http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?page=2&style=ASM3413

sottera-midgley-mae-f.jpg
sottera-midgley-mae-x.jpg
jdoublem
Level 5
Level 5

Postby AScottie » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:56 pm

HOLY SMOKES! I went in to buy one dress. Already had it decided. Just needed to be sized. Walked out with a completely differnet one!!

I cant figure out how to attach it so here is the link http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress. ... le=ASM3413

I think this dress is gorgeous! Congrats!
AScottie
Level 6
Level 6

Postby bluesgurl31 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:35 am

I had ordered a dress, but was having 2nd thoughts, so on a whim, I went up to a shop by my house and tried on a different dress, just for the fun of it. I put it on, and knew it was the one. I will be wearing Maggie Sottero's Sabelle dress. I found it at a shop in Cottleville, but got it at Margo's in Union (I liked them better) and it just came in. I'm so excited to go back in and try it on again!

http://www.brideness.net/wp-content/upl ... legown.jpg
bluesgurl31
Level 1
Level 1

Postby lovemyweenies » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:08 pm

I'm not really new to the boards, but I wanted to post a picture of my dress. I still love it!

A Good shot of the back

Both pictures are by Clary Pfeiffer!
ImageImageImage

Image Image
lovemyweenies
Level 14
Level 14

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Postby applesauce » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:04 pm

kdb554 wrote:Here's a photo of my dress! It also just came in...can't wait to pick it up!!

I love the natural waist on this dress. I can't wait to see a real person wear it (not an amazonian blonde model)- I bet it's gorgeous!
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but in alphabetical order as it should be.
applesauce
Level 12
Level 12

Wedding Date: Winter 2007/2008

Postby LaurenJarred2010 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:33 pm

Here is my dress! except I ordered it in white (which I wasn't sure I wanted until I put the white dress on, it looks great against my skin tone) I ordered it a week ago and it should be here around 7/11

and
Lauren & Jarred
October 16th, 2010

LaurenJarred2010
Level 5
Level 5

Postby esaxcana » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:16 pm

Here are the first dress and then the final dress. The first looked great on me compared to many others I had tried but I was settling. Was not awed by many of the plus-sized options at the stores I went to at the time... The second dress was totally outside of my comfort zone when it was on the hanger but blew me away once it was on.

first dress:
firstdress.jpg

final dress:
unforgettable-by-bonny-bridal-gowns.jpg
Jodi & Mario
March 20, 2010

esaxcana
Level 2
Level 2

Wedding Date: Spring 2010

Postby stlcop10 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:05 pm

esaxcana wrote:
final dress:
unforgettable-by-bonny-bridal-gowns.jpg

Great dress! The first dress is pretty...but this one is beautiful. Glad you found one to make you feel special. :good:
"The space between the tears we cry is the laughter keeps us coming back for more..."

http://findthespacebetweenthetears.blogspot.com/

stlcop10
Level 13
Level 13

Postby KentuckyBrideinSTL » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:02 am

LaurenJarred2010 wrote:Here is my dress! except I ordered it in white (which I wasn't sure I wanted until I put the white dress on, it looks great against my skin tone) I ordered it a week ago and it should be here around 7/11

and

I love this dress! Maggie's "Carrie" right? I tried this one on and loved it too. I made it to my top 5 choices! Good choice I am sure it will look great on you!
KentuckyBrideinSTL
Level 2
Level 2

Postby KentuckyBrideinSTL » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:03 am

bluesgurl31 wrote:I had ordered a dress, but was having 2nd thoughts, so on a whim, I went up to a shop by my house and tried on a different dress, just for the fun of it. I put it on, and knew it was the one. I will be wearing Maggie Sottero's Sabelle dress. I found it at a shop in Cottleville, but got it at Margo's in Union (I liked them better) and it just came in. I'm so excited to go back in and try it on again!

http://www.brideness.net/wp-content/upl ... legown.jpg

I love SaBelle! I tried it on too, very gorgeous! Great choice!!!
KentuckyBrideinSTL
Level 2
Level 2

PreviousNext

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to General Wedding Talk