Flowers, flowers, and more flowers

A place for St. Louis Brides & Grooms to brainstorm about their weddings

Flowers, flowers, and more flowers

Postby admin » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:40 am

I've seen some gorgeous flowers in the recent wedding photos, and was hoping that you all could upload photos of your flowers here to help inspire the future brides.

Feel free to name any particular flowers/colors used in your bouquet, BM's bouquets, centerpieces etc. If we keep this post around future brides will be able to search for a flower by name and find your inspiration pics :)

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Flowers, flowers, and more flowers

Postby heatheroo » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:08 am

My bouquet was all cream roses; the bridesmaids had cream roses with slivers of lily grass. I LOVED the lily grass. I loved the flowers, period. My florist is amazing.

The bridal bouquet (after my BM caught it at the reception):

BM bouquets:

(I will update the pictures when I have pro pics that you can see the flowers better in!)
heatheroo
Level 8
Level 8

Wedding Date: Fall 2008

Postby airam73 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:29 am

Last edited by airam73 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image
airam73
Level 16
Level 16

Postby BeMaJay » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:59 pm

In my bouquet I had the flowers that the bridesmaids had which consisted of Gerber Daisys, Tulips, Calla Lillies and Roses.

All of my girls carried a bouqet of a single flower and then they were in my bouquet.

BeMaJay
Level 16
Level 16

Wedding Date: Fall 2006

Postby maygirl » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:31 pm

My bouquet had hot pink, med. pink, light pink, and white roses with some pink mini carnations mixed in and white hydrangeas on the under side. Flowers by Focus on Design

maygirl
Level 13
Level 13

Wedding Date: Spring 2008

Postby Erin&Ben08 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:50 am

The girls' flowers:
I was actually very disappointed with my bouquet. It was supposed to have alot more pink (not red!) gerber daisies. I also specifically asked for no greenery. There was more leaves than that on it when they delivered it. My BMs and I picked about half of them off at the church.

The boys had freesia bouts:

Erin&Ben08
Level 14
Level 14

Postby happeejen » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:51 pm

My flower were a mixture of calla lilies, roses, gerber daisies, and some yellow flower that I forgot the name of... Mine were done by Wolf Flowers... I wanted the calla lilies to be all pink but they ended up being just as pretty.

Here's mine

And me with the bridesmaids (they just had smaller versions of mine)

happeejen
Level 8
Level 8

Postby TinLizzy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:09 am

I only had one requirement for my flowers - they had to include white shasta daisies. Other then that I gave the florist a swatch of the BM's dresses and told her to have fun and use spring colors. Please forgive the wilted appearance in the second two photos... they were taken the morning after the wedding, and in all honesty they look great for all they went through before - LOL.
IMG_2377_b.jpg

IMG_2403.jpg
Morning after

IMG_2405.jpg
Morning after
Tinlizzy
TinLizzy
Level 9
Level 9

Wedding Date: Spring 2003

Postby AbFabSTL » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:05 pm

My flowers were my whole inspiration for my wedding. I think it came from working at flower shop for 7 years. I had a lot of time to think about it.
mine: 12 white calla
girls: orange mircle rose with blue hydranga and a bit of caspia around the edge

dh: double mini calla
guys: single orange mircle rose

for the parents we did
mom: double cymbid orchaids
dad: small orchard

AbFabSTL
Level 12
Level 12

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Postby ame » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:58 pm

My flowers were a mixture of deep purple callas, blue pacific roses (lilac), caspia, freesia, and purple shades of agapanthis. My girls carried bouquets of mixed agapanthis in shades of purple and a few white with purple sprinkles. The florist handed me charts of all the flowers I wanted and I got to choose the actual flower colors of each type of flower. It was kind of cool. The callas might be my favorite part of mine. They looked really great when they were shown to me prior to their delivery at the Palm House. Someone else delivered them, not the florist, and they dumped them right in the sun on the counter and that did NOT help the flowers stay in great shape. So mine had started to "steam" before we showed up. They made it through the day though.
The boys all had bouts with a single bluepac rose and a couple sprigs of agapanthis. My dad and my husband both got 2 bouts since the florist expects that they hug the most. And it was smart. My dad's had died a horrible death from my overly huggy family.

My flowers were by the now-retired Jupiter's Garden. THEY ROCK SO HARD there are NO words for their rockin'ness.

bouquets.jpg

mybouquet.jpg
Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
ame
Level 18
Level 18

Wedding Date: Summer 2005

Postby KJDoherty » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:27 am

ame wrote:My flowers were a mixture of deep purple callas, blue pacific roses (lilac), caspia, freesia, and purple shades of agapanthis. My girls carried bouquets of mixed agapanthis in shades of purple and a few white with purple sprinkles. The florist handed me charts of all the flowers I wanted and I got to choose the actual flower colors of each type of flower. It was kind of cool. The callas might be my favorite part of mine. They looked really great when they were shown to me prior to their delivery at the Palm House. Someone else delivered them, not the florist, and they dumped them right in the sun on the counter and that did NOT help the flowers stay in great shape. So mine had started to "steam" before we showed up. They made it through the day though.
The boys all had bouts with a single bluepac rose and a couple sprigs of agapanthis. My dad and my husband both got 2 bouts since the florist expects that they hug the most. And it was smart. My dad's had died a horrible death from my overly huggy family.

My flowers were by the now-retired Jupiter's Garden. THEY ROCK SO HARD there are NO words for their rockin'ness.

bouquets.jpg

mybouquet.jpg

Ame, I don't even really like light purple much but I LOVE your flowers. Such had such a fresh and unique look!
me (Kelly) 32, DH 32

KJDoherty
Level 9
Level 9

Wedding Date: Spring 2009

Postby zavaskr » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:36 pm

Everyone has Gorgeous pictures!
zavaskr
Level 1
Level 1

Wedding Date: Fall 2009

Postby LMC2008 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:07 am

This is such an awesome idea, Liz. I had such a hard time visualizing flowers and I would have LOVED this link when I was planning.
My flowers are from Gayle at Creative Environments. They were BEAUTIFUL! My bouquet consisted of 10-11 Avalanche Roses, 2-3 white hydrangea, 7-9 white freesia, 5-7 white bouvardia, 5-7 Sweet Akito Roses (light pink) and 5-7 Attache Roses (med pink), highlight with 5 white cymbidium orchids with soft pink centers.

My bridesmaid bouquets were 2 green hydrangea, 7-9 Esperance Roses (soft pink with green edges), 5 stems of medium pink spray roses, 3 med pink Bouvardia.
Boutineers
expman-2 (3).jpg

Chuppah flowers
expman-2.jpg
Attachments
expman-2.jpg
Last edited by LMC2008 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lauren & Mike- August 31, 2008
Ethan Michael- May 14, 2011
William Michael- February 17, 2014
LMC2008
Level 18
Level 18

Postby ame » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:25 am

KJDoherty wrote:
Ame, I don't even really like light purple much but I LOVE your flowers. Such had such a fresh and unique look!

Thanks! I loved them too.
ame
Level 18
Level 18

Postby arfive35 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:20 am

Leshers on Hampton did my flowers and I could not have been more pleased. I don't know exactly what was in them, I just took a photo and said I wanted them to recreate it. I know there were circus roses, stephanotis, mango callas, and some berries. But here are my girls flowers:

here is my bouquet:

The flowers held up well all day. I was very pleased!!!! The guys bouts were circus roses and my hubbie had orchids.
arfive35
Level 15
Level 15

Postby ame » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:37 am

Angie your flowers are awesome!
ame
Level 18
Level 18

Postby 101808 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:00 am

Rich West created all the fabulous flowers for our wedding. http://www.richwestdesigns.com/

My Bouquet:
Hand-tied of black bacarra, gold strike roses, burgundy dahlias, burgundy & eggplant mini callas and then accented gold button pomps, purple stock & lisianthus and burgundy hypericium berries and then wrapped in ivory satin.

Bridesmaid's Bouquets:
Smaller versions of the bride's bouquet wrapped in bronze satin.

Centerpieces:
Footed gold bowl with the same flowers as the bouquets, stock, roses, button pomps, burgundy cushion pomps, lisianthus and berries.
~Lindsay & Mike~

Level 13
Level 13

Postby ame » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:08 am

OMG I LOVE YOUR FLOWERS!
ame
Level 18
Level 18

Postby LMC2008 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:07 am

Why can I only see half of the pictures? :sad11: The other half looks like it has been cut off!

Lauren & Mike- August 31, 2008
Ethan Michael- May 14, 2011
William Michael- February 17, 2014
LMC2008
Level 18
Level 18

Postby Stl08bride » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:51 am

This is an excellent idea, Liz!

My florist was Brian of Fleurish, The Rebel Florist, and he was fantastic to work with, and I was thrilled with our flowers!

My bouquet had black centered anemones, sweet pea, hydrangea, Virginia roses, pink spray roses, flowering jasmine vine, green viburnum snowball, and galax leaves.

My bridemaid's carried the same flowers, minus the jasmine vine, and with more green viburnum snowball.

Our centerpieces were half tall, half short... the tall ones were clusters of roses and curly willow, hydrangea, and anemones.
The short ones were roses and galax leaves, with curly willow crisscrossing the table.

Image Image

photos by Clary Pfeiffer!
Last edited by Stl08bride on Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Stl08bride
Level 15
Level 15

Next

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to General Wedding Talk