Galley kitchen

If you're moving, reparing, or redecorating here's the place to discuss all things home related

Galley kitchen

Postby durbaa » Wed May 08, 2013 2:01 pm

I know there was a thread on over the cabinet decorations but it's gone. And even still, I'm not sure this particular question was brought up. We're moving later this month to a house that has a galley kitchen. The ceiling in the kitchen is vaulted so there's a huge space above the cabinets on the one side. I feel like there's too much room and decorations need to be up there. But the cabinets across from them share a wall with the living room. The wall doesn't go all the way up to the ceiling and I'm not sure how much space there is up there. I wouldn't want decorations on that side if you could see them from the living room (like I said, I'm not sure if you'll be able to or not), so would it look weird to have decorations on just one set of cabinets? I like the ones that I believe Brooke posted from Pinterest, with the EAT letters and other random things.
~*Ashley*~

http://gettinghitched.weebly.com My DIY bio...a work in progress

durbaa
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Fall 2009

Re: Galley kitchen

Postby Suzn18 » Thu May 09, 2013 6:10 am

I think it wouldn't look weird to only have one side decorated, especially if that side is against a wall and the other isn't. That being said, if you think it looks weird, could you decorate the open side with things that would look good from the kitchen and living room? I'm thinking like a basket that would look good from both sides, or a plant?
Suzn18
Level 13
Level 13

Wedding Date: Spring 2009

Re: Galley kitchen

Postby MrsChad » Sat May 11, 2013 9:07 pm

If there is quite a bit of wall space above the cabinets, what about putting some decor on the actual wall above as opposed to items sitting on the cabinets. Something large and over sized, such as a set of three stars (although the stars are a bit overdone, it's all I could think of off the top of my head) that would look good in the kitchen, but also go well with the living room.
Mindy
ImageImage
ImageImage
MrsChad
Level 16
Level 16

Wedding Date: Summer 2007

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Home is Where the Heart Is