Dining Room Help

If you're moving, reparing, or redecorating here's the place to discuss all things home related

Dining Room Help

Postby Mary K » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:20 am

Where do you shop for Table Linens? It seems like so many places have the very traditional kind that looked great in my Grandma's dining room, but I want something a little more modern.

Our dining room is somewhat formal with charcoal slate walls and a lot of white woodwork and a dark wood dining set (chair fabric is very light neutral tan-ish color). We get a lot of good light in there and have a very bright chandelier style light so it doesn't feel dark in the room.

You ladies are so good at this stuff--any suggestions?
Image Image
Mary K
Level 13
Level 13

Wedding Date: Fall 2009

Re: Dining Room Help

Postby k.linn » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:24 pm

What are you looking for, specifically? I get place mats and runners from a variety of places, but usually Crate & Barrel, Pottery Barn, and Pier 1. I do have a few table cloths, but I don't really care for how they look, so I'm not picky about them (I only have them because I wanted them for specific events/one time use kind of deals). Those are plain and just from Bed Bath and Beyond.
Kim: wife to Phil (07.01.06) and Mama to Audrey, Micah, Hadley, and Malachi.
[url
k.linn
Level 15
Level 15

Wedding Date: Summer 2006

Postby Mary K » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:54 am

I guess I was thinking along the lines of table cloths, but are those considered "dated" the days? Most of the decorating ideas I see don't use them anymore--just runners and place settings, etc. But I guess I wonder how to protect the top of my table if I don't put a table cloth on it? :dontknow:
Image Image
Mary K
Level 13
Level 13

Postby LizAnn » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:45 pm

We have found some at Garden Ridge that were reasonably priced. It was for Thanksgiving or Christmas though, so I don't know if they have them year round. I have occasionally spotted cute ones at Target too!

We have a glass table, so I am not worried about protecting it. Could you get a glass piece made to go over the top of your table?
LizAnn
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Spring 2011

Postby Suzn18 » Wed May 01, 2013 7:07 am

I look at Target occasionaly when I go there because sometimes they get new lines that are neat. The current ones we have are grey with white and I got them from Target last year. Ditto Crate & Barrel. They have a good selection of different patterns/types.
Suzn18
Level 13
Level 13

Wedding Date: Spring 2009

Postby Mary K » Thu May 02, 2013 8:48 am

Thanks Ladies! I need to make a Target trip soon and I always love an excuse to go to Garden Ridge.

I'll also have to check out Crate & Barrel next time I'm over that way--online I didn't really see anything I liked. I always forget about Pier 1 for some reason, but I could stop by there on the same trip!

I found one I sort of like (but don't love) on clearance at Dillard's yesterday for less than $10 so I'm using that for now until I can find a pretty one. :good:
Image Image
Mary K
Level 13
Level 13

Postby kefa8a » Sun May 19, 2013 6:59 pm

I would say Target as well. Although if you can sew at all, you might have better luck just buying the fabric at Joann's or Hancock's. Most places don't seem to have a big tablecloth selection anymore.
kefa8a
Level 10
Level 10

Wedding Date: Fall 2007

Postby Mary K » Mon May 20, 2013 7:27 pm

kefa8a wrote:I would say Target as well. Although if you can sew at all, you might have better luck just buying the fabric at Joann's or Hancock's. Most places don't seem to have a big tablecloth selection anymore.

I can't sew to save my life, but my MIL can make just about anything. I was considering asking her if she could help. Great idea!
Image Image
Mary K
Level 13
Level 13

Postby Megs » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:49 pm

Home Goods.
Megs
Level 2
Level 2

Wedding Date: Summer 2008

Disclaimer: The statements expressed in this forum are personal opinions and not necessarily those of the management of this board. Please remember that opinions are subjective, and your experience with any vendor or other entity may be different from the opinions you see listed here. View Terms of Use

Return to Home is Where the Heart Is